ezdrummer being controlled with an electronic drum kit

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Delusion

ezdrummer being controlled with an electronic drum kit

Post by Delusion » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:33 am

I have been trying all sunday long to get this working... first what im using... Im on a pc, ableton 8.. using ezdrummer DKFH VST, Im running MIDI through A US122( sucks I know ) I have a yamaha dtxpress 3 electronic drum kit with pads, and Im trying to map the drums to match... ie the kick sound of the DKFH to match my kick drum. Now I just plug in the drum set MIDI to my machine and It does work to some degree on channel 10.. but my kick drum is the snare and my snare is a cymbal.. so I cant get them to match up, Ive been searching and searching for a way, How can I get this to work? I look at Midi mapping in ezdrummer and it gives me a keyboard to go off of, I dont see how that corresponds to my drum pads, how and where do I map these out correctly? and helps hints or ideas would be ever so great. thank you in advance
Ableton live 8.2.2
windows 7 32 bit
asus p8z68-v-pro
core i7 2600k
m-audio profire 610
pod xt live
yamaha dtxpress 3

shatzer

Re: ezdrummer being controlled with an electronic drum kit

Post by shatzer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:58 am

I had a yamaha e-drum set. The kick would always be on A0 and snare on G0. No drum program actually works with these settings. The best fix i found was getting a Roland brain. Yamaha sucks.

rdevries

Post by rdevries » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:25 am

if changing notenumber on the Tascam or in DKFH doesn't work , you can use Live's scaleplugin (in midieffect section) to transpose incoming midinotes to another note that goes into DKFH.

trommelmeister

Post by trommelmeister » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi! Not so long ago I tried to explain in another forum post how you can manage exactly what you described.

The key point is that you don't have to touch the VST (in your case: ezdrummer). Instead you can use a MIDI rack filled with scale devices to accomplish the mapping between your drum kit and the VST. I hope you understand my explanation in that forum post. If not, let me know.

Best regards, Martin

Delusion

Post by Delusion » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 pm

thank you all for your response, i will investigate further. I searched the forum here and didnt see what i thought I needed, I will look into the previous post
Ableton live 8.2.2
windows 7 32 bit
asus p8z68-v-pro
core i7 2600k
m-audio profire 610
pod xt live
yamaha dtxpress 3

Delusion

Post by Delusion » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:55 am

trommelmeister wrote:Hi! Not so long ago I tried to explain in another forum post how you can manage exactly what you described.

The key point is that you don't have to touch the VST (in your case: ezdrummer). Instead you can use a MIDI rack filled with scale devices to accomplish the mapping between your drum kit and the VST. I hope you understand my explanation in that forum post. If not, let me know.

Best regards, Martin

I have started asking more questions on you previous post... can you help me there?
Ableton live 8.2.2
windows 7 32 bit
asus p8z68-v-pro
core i7 2600k
m-audio profire 610
pod xt live
yamaha dtxpress 3