frequent audio "glitches" with Live 4.03 and power

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
victhrill

Post by victhrill » Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:44 am

Wow, that's enough for me! Come to think of it, when I was using a midisport 2x2 with 10.3, I never had the issue! Ironically, that is the same company, no? Thanks for the hope my friend. Unfortunately for me, I'm in the boondocks recording and spent all my dinero on the setup I'm using now which doesn't work. I may try to do something with M-Audio via mail to refund, although I'm sure it'll have to go down in person. Cheers.
Defender Of The Beat

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:32 am

Once upon a time M-Audio was a wonderful company, providing quality products at a price point that no one else could touch. My Delta 410 (PCI), USB MIDISport 4x4, Oxygen 8, Thru 3x8, and my oldskool Mini MacMan serial MIDI I/O (for the old G3) all function quite well, and have never let me down. The M-Audio Quattro USB interface is quite another story, with rediculous latencies and terrible clock jitter, as well as an inability to function @ 96kHz. The Firewire 410 also with horrible latencies, elevated processor overhead, and unreliable MIDI I/O.

I speak here only from direct experience with these tools, and truly hope that M-Audio can turn their product line around soon.
I cant think of a sig

victhrill

Post by victhrill » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:54 am

You da man. No sub for experience my friend. Thanks for the info. Vic
Defender Of The Beat

generic

Post by generic » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 pm

yo, vercengetorex thanks for all the good advice. i have been thinking of selling my mbox and getting a fw410. now i think i will hold off on that. i had no idea m-audio had gone down hill so fast. i think they were just bought out recently. so i guess it was bound to happen.

thanks again v
e
powerbook G4 667mhz 768mb of ram
mac os10.2.8
digidesign m-box
live4.0.1 reason2.5 protools6.1.2

toyo

Post by toyo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:34 pm

Hi,
i got a Powerbook 1.25 Ghz, 1 gig ram, and the m-audio FW-410. i also get the glitches, especially if i change the settings on some plugins (live+3rd party), i have upped the lattency and still the same, definitely didn't happen in live 3, but then again you couldn't use midi then.
to the fw-410, i can only advise against it, i have had it for a bit over a year now and for the first 6 months the drivers just wouldn't work on os X. since a few months it works fairly alright if i don't use my external FW-800 harddrive at the same time, which is a major pain, as i bought the drive especially for audio. i actually can't wait till i can afford something stable and reliable, cause the 410 is neither in my experience.

victhrill

Post by victhrill » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:02 am

Wow, all I can say is what an incredible let down. I have an 1814, not a 410, but it seems they suffer the same problems, only that what they offer in terms of I/O is different. I'm bringing mine back. What's the alternative? Who else puts out a line of compact FireWire Audio/midi interfaces.
Defender Of The Beat