Latest Live 8 version: Live 8.1 is online!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
muthafunka

Re: Latest Live 8 version: Live 8.1 is online!

Post by muthafunka » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:43 am

That's a no then?

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

8O wrote:One thing which should've been mentioned in big red writing at the start of this thread is the latest info on the 8.1 download page:

"Live 8.1 introduces a new file format - documents saved with Live 8.1 or newer will not be able to be opened in older versions of Live."

Be careful out there...
Ooh.. thanks for the warning. Im going to wait then. Doing fine with 8.08 for now.

$4mU3l

Post by $4mU3l » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:32 am

Still no changelog for Live 8.1???

http://forum.ableton.com/viewforum.php?f=8

UnCL0NED

Post by UnCL0NED » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:35 am

... Just installed 8.1 two days ago. So far it's running fine!
Just noticed the Return tracks are linked to my APC40 as separate tracks. I'm not sure yet, but I think that's a cool improvement.
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:23 pm

guys, does your Live freeze for a moment (10 sec. appr.) when you try to select some midi notes?
mine is doing that every time... :|
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:04 am

djnron wrote:8.1 Crashes my more complicated sessions upon launch. I have sent a message to support. However, even after removing all midi instruments and 3rd party plugins, the session still won't launch.
Anyone else having this problem? It works perfectly in 8.04
n-ron

WHAT A SHOCKER....ableton releases are like the american goverment....at first the updates are so horrible that when you get one that does not crash as much...then you think that they have done you a great service....

I love the idea behind ableton live....I JST NEED TO TO STOP CRAHSING ALL THE TIME

HERE IS TO THE MEMORY OF ABLETON 7....most likely the peak of the program to date
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:40 am

I'm still using 8.0.9 mainly for backward save compatibility.

I've seen that launching a scene track could stop a freezed track though the stop button was removed.. clearly a bug
I didn't try on 8.1 yet but it was not bugged on 8.0.4 for example.

Another thing, maybe it's me I don't know, I simply opened a project made with 8.0.9 with 8.1...
Not saving at any moment.
Then back to 8.0.9 and tadaam, some tracks sound different [flatten?].

I like the ease with 8.0.x, I can switch through one version to another [well ok it's not the best for working... seriously :lol: ].
Hopefully I havn't saved too much projects on 8.1... the backward save had killed my joy.

For this reason and the fact that M4L will await me for a long time, sticked to 8.0.x definitly

Pendulum

Post by Pendulum » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:50 pm

I only just started recording my podcast yesterday in Live 8.0.9, and noticed that when using beats mode for warping my tunes, there is a LOT more audible garble and distortion compared to Live 7 :( And switching to complex pro mode reduces the top end frequencies too much for my liking. So I'm tempted to go back to Live 7 to produce my mixes and shows. I'm downloading 8.1 now in the hope that it has fixed my problems with the beats mode distortions??

system:

Mac OS 10.6.2
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.93Ghz
16GB RAM
Radeon 4870
1tb + 2tb storage
trance is my music.

$4mU3l

Post by $4mU3l » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:14 pm

I slightly begin to regret that I left Live 7 also... Is the whole Max4Live crap the excuse for an unstable Live 8?

Please carry out beta testing for Max4Live and its DIYisch-looking (http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=128402... MAGIX Music Maker or Fruity Loops?) and unstable devices on another planet(for my part on the goa-freeware-planet) but not in an environment which should be reliable for my daily work!

The whole thing seems more and more shady to me... :(

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Hi folks,

as you might have already noticed, we released the bugfix update Live 8.1.1 Yesterday.
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132874

Regards
/Alex

agmoore

Post by agmoore » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:12 pm

I find the ableton website is extremely unclear with regard to the difference between updating and downloading a whole programme - when i select "check for updates" in the live help menu i get a link to what looks like a full version of live, with instructions on installation as if i don't already have the programme on my computer ... the word update doesn't appear anywhere. don't really feel like having two versions of the programme on my computer - as i did when i 'updated' from LE to Suite and had to spend a lot of time manually moving things around. I am wondering if the 8.1.1 update will install itself on top of 8 as updates normally do, in addition if someone could suggest a means to get the above comment as close as possible to whoever manages the website content it would be appreciated!

abram moore

ark

Post by ark » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:43 pm

agmoore wrote:don't really feel like having two versions of the programme on my computer - as i did when i 'updated' from LE to Suite and had to spend a lot of time manually moving things around. I am wondering if the 8.1.1 update will install itself on top of 8 as updates normally do, in addition if someone could suggest a means to get the above comment as close as possible to whoever manages the website content it would be appreciated!
Every version of Live is separate. So when you install a new version, the old one remains until you delete it.