Ableton continues to support both platforms

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live

leave?

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:11 am

Some of the responses to this thread have been interesting, if a little emotional.
All I wanted to bring up was the lack of Altivec support for a product that clearly needs it. It runs great on my PC but my Tibook poops out and I prefer working on the Tibook. With just a little more help from Altivec I could get vocal tracks done w/o the processor running above 75%. Right now if I have more than 6 or 7 tracks going with some effects everything starts to fall apart. I get dropouts, pops and other weirdness. I want to use LIVE as my total solution without having to import into Logic or Cubase to finish off the vocal tracks. I have done a couple of songs using only LIVE but I have had to make compromizes. Logic runs great on my Tibook because it is optimized for Altivec. But it does not do what LIVE can do. If I could use LIVE with the same degree of complexity that I can achieve in Logic I would never use Logic again. I love what LIVE does, I just want more oomph for my Tibook.
But I don't think I can leave! I already gave them my money, how do I "leave"? That cracks me up.

Post by Guest » Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:59 am

i didn't mean leave Live, i meant leave Apple and start using PCs. the Apple community seem to be getting pretty fed up with the speed race and lame performance. i could never stop using Live, it's too damn good!