(M4L) What are you making in Max4Live? What have you made?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
contakt321

(M4L) What are you making in Max4Live? What have you made?

Post by contakt321 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:51 am

Hey folks,

Just a curious question:

What are you working on in Max4Live? What have you made?

Just curious how folks are using it so far.

julienb

Re: (M4L) What are you making in Max4Live? What have you made?

Post by julienb » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:47 am

I'm making the big interface between my protodeck controller and my liveset.
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

zalo

Post by zalo » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:37 am

^similar

i am making an OSC/API interface to my Lemur

clip state/blinking/names (maybe colors later)
mixer/tempo/effects controls

90% done

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:43 am

Illiac

Post by Illiac » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:00 am

julienb

Post by julienb » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:04 am

Illiac wrote:Image
:lol:
Julien Bayle

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:03 pm

I made a really simple midi note stealing device that I called 'Miditax'. I just hacked it together out of parts shamelessly stolen from other devices. If you put it after an arp set to 16s or 32's and set the rate of taxation about halfway you get some useful note stealing happening. Nice on hats too.

Available here http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=107

Surreal

Post by Surreal » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:46 pm

I think i have made my 'perfect' Monome clip launcher.

now i am beginning a step sequencer that works in clips. (basically the CS sequencer but for any grid controller.)

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:19 pm

julienb wrote:I'm making the big interface between my protodeck controller and my liveset.
Hey Julien B

Looks very cool!

Will this have automapping like the APC or will it be midi-mapping for the knobs?
Martyn wrote:I made a really simple midi note stealing device that I called 'Miditax'. I just hacked it together out of parts shamelessly stolen from other devices. If you put it after an arp set to 16s or 32's and set the rate of taxation about halfway you get some useful note stealing happening. Nice on hats too.

Available here http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=107
Hey Martyn,

What is note stealing?

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:39 pm

I have 8 tracks in my template all with a rack based on a dj mixer consisting of a 4 band eq and a low/pass high pass filter, fade to redux, phazer and gain.....

I've made a device that will observe the individaul parameters across eight racks, so effectively in one rack you have control over the filter for all 8 tracks.....

Select a different parameter for observing and the dials update.... Of course moving the dials moves the dials in the original rack.....

Secondly i have a reset and record button, so you can record the default setting value and reset back to it at the hit of one button eg filter all the bass out and then kick it back in with one button press.... perfect if the filter needs to be at halfway and you haven't got a detented middle point on your controller....

Why am i doing this... simple the APC40 will only let you look at one rack at a time so i now have contol of all eight filters at the same time rather than having to cycle through the tracks to make my adjustments which isn't practical in realtime....

The second device is affectionately called traktor, it basically mirrors the looping capabilities of traktor, set you loop size and hit a button = instant loop, buttons for half and double loop size (this can be done by shrinking from both ends to focus on the middle, shrinking from the end of the loop to catch a beat or moving the start point to make for a build up....

The third device is a dumb device with no controls, it sits silently on an audio track and observes the positions within each clip, if there's no loop on the clip and it's one beat from the end it performs a follow action of playing the next clip or playing the clip again... This ones a bit clunky at the moment as there's currently no direct access to the absolute position in the clip....

Cheers
D

burgessa23

Post by burgessa23 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:44 pm

Martyn

Post by Martyn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:12 pm

contakt321 wrote: Hey Martyn,

What is note stealing?
That's probably the wrong technical term, it just reduces midi data according to a random amount. If you place it after an arp set to 16ths it will knock out some of the notes depending on how high you set the control, leaving behind something that sounds a bit more interesting than a constant stream.

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Martyn wrote:
contakt321 wrote: Hey Martyn,

What is note stealing?
That's probably the wrong technical term, it just reduces midi data according to a random amount. If you place it after an arp set to 16ths it will knock out some of the notes depending on how high you set the control, leaving behind something that sounds a bit more interesting than a constant stream.
Aha! Very cool. Sounds awesome.

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:23 pm

i made a midi cc automator device :

http://co.native-instruments.com/index. ... tchid=8934

not with MFL(obviously),but it inspired me to finally get into Reaktor 5 after 3 years.
many many thanks to Peter Dines(create digital music)for creating the original ensemble.
this inside Kore 2,automating Absynth 5 or whatever is awesome to say the least.

andrewbrewer

Post by andrewbrewer » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:38 pm

I fixed Squirrel Parade! (I think?)