Annoyed by this stupid software

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gerard

Annoyed by this stupid software

Post by gerard » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:40 pm

I can't believe that 6 months after the release of useless Live 8, there are so many bugs. Nothing works anymore. Every project crashes, changing sample rates crashes, Soundflower crashes, my audio interface even bugged. It's so annoying to work with Live now I'm really pissed off.
I won't buy any update anymore or anything by Ableton because it's a loss of money.
Fuck this, delete my account I don't care.
MBP 2,5ghz
Live8
Maschine - AK1

http://www.myspace.com/milestoperdition

julienb

Re: Annoyed by this stupid software

Post by julienb » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:31 pm

gerard wrote:I can't believe that 6 months after the release of useless Live 8, there are so many bugs. Nothing works anymore. Every project crashes, changing sample rates crashes, Soundflower crashes, my audio interface even bugged. It's so annoying to work with Live now I'm really pissed off.
I won't buy any update anymore or anything by Ableton because it's a loss of money.
Fuck this, delete my account I don't care.
fortunately, everything works fine here.
max for live too.
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

dom

Post by dom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:39 pm

Gerard:

It looks like you never contacted technical support to get your problems solved as i can't find a mail besides your order.
To find a solution i suggest sending a support request according to this page, instead of writing angry forum posts containing strong language:

http://www.ableton.com/pages/support/co ... al_support

Best,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:43 pm

Gerard, I empathize with you. However, at least you should send all your info to ABleton support and see if they can help you out - they are usually good and able to help with most issues. If, after doing this, the problems continue, then for sure, you have the right to walk away without any regrets.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

Bagle

Post by Bagle » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:00 pm

seems like you never tried to fix anything just sat there getting more and more annoyed at your problems, i have a feeling its caused not just by live but by a combination of things.
audio interface issues? try updating its firmware, check your drivers.
every project crashes? im not saying you steal but maybe some dodgy plugins are the cause?
ive never had an issue where changing sample rate has caused live to crash, seems like you have a special case.

but before you post on public forums, where by in large most of us here like ableton please do try to atleast fix your issues.

thanks
regards, a hapy live user :)
Anything at my disposal..
http://soundcloud.com/jagle

Ball Sack

Post by Ball Sack » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:05 pm

Hammertime!
Last edited by Ball Sack on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Gerard:

Would you care to just give away your APC40 since you won't possibly find another use for it?
Last edited by McQ714 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dom

Post by dom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:08 pm

Thanks for the edit, McQ714.
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

Ball Sack

Post by Ball Sack » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Dont like bullying. Guy is entitled to say what he wants.
Post would have disappeared if know one had of replied to it.
Now everyone is just promoting what he said. PM's are best in this situation i think.
Last edited by Ball Sack on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:17 pm

You just knew this one wasn't going to go away quietly though...tis the way of the forumz.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:19 pm

Dodgy vst's are usually the problem , i downloaded a load that were in that free vst competition a few months back from kvr and that totally fooped up live. if your running vst's try disabling the vst folder for a while and see if the crashes continue.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:24 pm

dom wrote:McQ714:

Why are you insulting people? Edit your post, please.

dom, don't think for 1 second that i don't believe what i originally posted.. but you're a nice guy so there you go.

to the OP... the fact that Live 8 works great for pretty much everyone but you, leads me to believe that your problems stem from user error. i'm guessing that you are running an earlier version of Live and/or don't have the latest versions of plugins which can be a lot buggier than Live. maybe your computer just sucks, too. in any case, it was a nice rant. very typical on these forums and it accomplished nothing. your problem could probably be solved if, like Dom said, you submitted a support request.

dom

Post by dom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:51 pm

McQ714 wrote:
dom wrote:McQ714:

Why are you insulting people? Edit your post, please.

dom, don't think for 1 second that i don't believe what i originally posted.. but you're a nice guy so there you go.
I really don't want to change your mind about anything, but in general please use PMs to state your personal sympathy/antipathy instead of insulting people in public.

Thanks,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:56 pm

Let's be fair here - there has actually been a significant number of people who have found that Live 8 has had issues for them and not all of these people are inept noobs with no clue. If Live 8 has worked great for you then that's peachy, but not everyone has had the same experience.

It's true that a certain ratio of these problems are caused by other factors, such as plugins, or drivers, etc and that it is important for anyone to explore these avenues first - audio interface drivers, MIDI controller/interface drivers, plugins (copy your VST/AU to a new folder and then bring them in and try them one at a time to see if it's any particular one which makes it go boom!), BIOS or chipset upgrades and operating system patches, service pack etc. upgrades.

If after this you've got problems, then get in touch with Ableton support. Hopefully they will have some answers or confirm a bug with a view to fixing it. Do this before you rant in the forum and you'll get more sympathy and understanding.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

dom

Post by dom » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:18 pm

Good post, Leeds!
Nothing to add.

Cheers,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com