has ableton live got weak legs?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
neal909

has ableton live got weak legs?

Post by neal909 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:32 pm

i have just set up Reaper and have to say its a doodle compared to live, no ASIO bullshit and the sound quality is better. its a pity cause i love live but its got week legs, why the big issues with drivers etc. i am not an 'abletoner', the name says it all really, i just want to get on putting tracks together so its time to learn how to use Reaper.
i have put together tracks on live 6 and had them released, i have mastered this fabulous programme but how much time can i spend under the bonnet getting live moving, it seems to take over the whole laptop, i think Ableton should spend more of there resources on this issue rather than stuff like max for live which has more to do with computer nerdy rather than making music. i most certainly wont be giving up on live and don't want to learn how to use another DAW but feel i have no choice, if i want to make music right now then right now it has to be. if i go into preferences and choose ASIO i want it NOW no issues, if a programme like Reaper can do this then Live should also.
Last edited by neal909 on Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tone Deft

Re: ableton live got week legs?

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:34 pm

:lol:
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Ill give you a 1/10 for trolling.

You only get the 1 because for some reason the phrase "No ASIO bullshit" makes me laugh. Im going to try to use that randomly in a meeting today.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Ed J

Post by Ed J » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:51 pm

I'm sad that you apparently live in London and cannot tell the difference between a relative measurement of strength and a universal measurement of time.

I'm honestly embarrassed for you.
Some stuff, and some other stuff. Honest.
Currently on a huge and mostly pointless promotion drive, come play:
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

neal909

Post by neal909 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Well of course I'm am going to annoy many of the fanatics on this forum with a post like this, this is not my intention, i can tell from the amount of posts you guys have made you truly are believers. i have i feel made a valid point i am sure there are users of this programme who have had similar issues with the stability of live, i would post more often but rather spend my time writing music, you should try this if you can find the time.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 pm

on the contrary, we know more about Live's faults than you probably ever will. we also know a LOT more about how to get it to run correctly than you do.

trust me, if I could get away with making music at work like I can get away with posting on the forum I would.
oddstep wrote:I agree with all of this. I'm just bored of writing "its music, just listen and trust your judgement"

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:40 pm

neal909 wrote: no ASIO bullshit
get a mac :lol:

one good troll deserves another ;)

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:47 pm

nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:02 am

you are the weekest link

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:06 am

OvertoneZero wrote:you are the weekest link
:lol:

neal909

Post by neal909 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:11 am

adventurepants_ wrote:Image
funny,at least you have a sense of humor, thanks for the artwork :wink:

cacti

Post by cacti » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:14 am

weak

neal909

Post by neal909 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:40 am

cacti wrote:weak
nice one, should we take someone with the spelling capabilities of a slow 6 year old seriously. if you guys read my post clearly and counted to ten before you got lost in the red mists of fury (your jovial replies barley disguise the fact) you would notice i am a proud user of Ableton and happy to use it but like many do have problems with audio i/o. i do notice Ableton no longer refer as often customers to the forum for many of their support queries, i wonder why, if you want to do Ableton a favour maybe keep your o so smart and funny comments to yourselves. i am sure tech support will help me solve my problems concerning live. i will be bring this tread to the notice of Ableton. see ya later dickheads :D

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:52 am

Ah c'mon now.

What the fuck did you expect? You can't just waltz in to the Ableton Live forum and start spouting off about how much easier you've found Reaper to be to set up, and how much better the sound quality is and not draw some heat.

That faux-pas, combined with your lack of attention to detail in the spelling department just makes you an unmissable target.

It's hard in here, didn't someone warn you?