has ableton live got weak legs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Pasha

Re: ableton live got week legs?

Post by Pasha » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:42 pm

Is this...
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Ed J

Post by Ed J » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:54 pm

UKRuss wrote:
timothyallan wrote:
Ed J wrote:I'm sad that you apparently live in London and cannot tell the difference between a relative measurement of strength and a universal measurement of time.

I'm honestly embarrassed for you.
This, my good sir, is brilliant. It's just made the rounds on my MSN list of chums ;)
It is good, although a week is not a universal measurement of time, it really only applies to an earth calendar. A week, or 7 earth days has no real use in universal terms.

On the other hand, the relative measurement of strength is much more approrpriate as in:

'The shit in this thread is weak'

As he said himself, how can we take someone with the spelling capability of a six year old seriously.

Although, to be fair, all my children know the difference between weak and week and can spell both corretly. Only one of three is over six years old.

sorry sorry sorry to continue this pointless yet amusing discussion, but by universal I was refering to the fact that what we normally term 'universal' measurements are ones that are correct no matter what the conditions in which they're measured are: a week's still a week no matter what day it is, in the same way a metre is still a metre even if you're facing left :D

However, Russ, +many for talking sense ;)

Oh, and Snatch is an amusing and brilliant film, but it's not exactly representative of England at all, almost all the Londoners I've met talk with loverly middle clarss accents. Gypsies do talk like that though.
Some stuff, and some other stuff. Honest.
Currently on a huge and mostly pointless promotion drive, come play:
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:59 pm

neal909 wrote:if you come over here sometime you will notice nobody speaks proper english, not even the english, was the the film snatch were this was so well pointed out
There is a very slight difference between using colloquialisms/slang and being borderline illiterate.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm

Ed J wrote:
sorry sorry sorry to continue this pointless yet amusing discussion, but by universal I was refering to the fact that what we normally term 'universal' measurements are ones that are correct no matter what the conditions in which they're measured are: a week's still a week no matter what day it is, in the same way a metre is still a metre even if you're facing left :D

However, Russ, +many for talking sense ;)

Oh, and Snatch is an amusing and brilliant film, but it's not exactly representative of England at all, almost all the Londoners I've met talk with loverly middle clarss accents. Gypsies do talk like that though.
In that case I take umbrage with the universal use of the word 'universal', when in fact they mean 'global'!

...I had never thought of a metre going off to the left, they've always been right in front of me. I feel dizzy. 8O

What ho! I'm jolly well orft to rile up some gyppos. Possibly the odd crusty or two. The dog-on-a-string soap dodging wastrels!

Ball Sack

Post by Ball Sack » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:39 pm

Gyppos :arrow: A

necho

Post by necho » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:46 pm

UKRuss wrote:
What ho! I'm jolly well orft to rile up some gyppos. Possibly the odd crusty or two. The dog-on-a-string soap dodging wastrels!
LOL!
_________
sigs suck.

Leon Tricker

Post by Leon Tricker » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:57 pm

UKRuss wrote::D I'm not really a grammar nazi but it does get tiresome. The amount of times I see this kind of thing at work.
My WIFE is a grammar nazi... but then she is an English teacher, so she is allowed to be. And she is well within her rights to correct me when I slip up (which I often do) because it annoys me when I am wrong. I should know better by now. Especially on the random comma thing, and using the 'Oxford comma' which I know annoys some people.

A personal irritant of mine is people not using 'to', 'two', or 'too' correctly.
UKRuss wrote:Can you imagine that British people themselves sometimes struggle with their own language? This is mainly due to lazy parenting, the youth of today's inexplicable obsession with street culture and the continual erosion of the comprehensive school system by pandering to the lowest common denominator.
+1 :!: :!: :!:

The slow death of the apostrophe being the most infuriating example of laziness.

Post by 4.33 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:01 pm

didnt read the whole thread but actually Reaper handles system resources better ALOT.
for example, an instance of Reaktor hogs 2-3 times less CPU in Reaper, and i have no idea wtf

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:14 pm

DAMMIT MAN, take your musical speak somewhere else, this thread has been hi-jacked by the grammar police!

My Mrs is a teacher too and is the same with the ol' punctuation, grammar and spelling thing.

I always get corrected on using 'less' instead of 'fewer'...

She is right though, there is no denying that.

If there were less grammatical errors in the world...oh, see? I did it again, right there.

'FEWER Grammatical errors Russell! FEWER grammatical errors.' I can hear her now...no, really.

'Talking to your invisible internet friends again Russell.'

Ahhh, lovely. 8O

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:26 pm

I had a good argument in the pub the other day over the useage of "its" and "it's". I had to back down in the end because it started to get nasty.

Anyway I'm on holiday today so I'm still wearing my weekend legs.

Or do I mean weakened?
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Ed J

Post by Ed J » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:27 pm

crumhorn wrote:I had a good argument in the pub the other day over the useage of "its" and "it's". I had to back down in the end because it started to get nasty.

Or do I mean weakened?
"its" as in the thing belongs to it.
"it's" as in it is.

People get confused because it's the reverse of the rule for pronouns.
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:33 pm

Try explaining that to someone after 5 pints of strong cider.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

Ball Sack

Post by Ball Sack » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Ed J wrote:
crumhorn wrote:I had a good argument in the pub the other day over the useage of "its" and "it's". I had to back down in the end because it started to get nasty.

Or do I mean weakened?
"its" as in the thing belongs to it.
"it's" as in it is.

People get confused because it's the reverse of the rule for pronouns.
This is blowing my mind!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:35 pm

Or do I mean weakened?
LOL!

Grammar. THE main cause of pub violence in the UK today.

Brass Eye investigates.

Ed J

Post by Ed J » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:38 pm

crumhorn wrote:Try explaining that to someone after 5 pints of strong cider.
After eight pints of Stella I may be rather idiotic and would probably shag a camel, but I can still spell and understand grammar ;) (Although, I don't really care by that point).

My and my buddies normally argue about global warming instead, it's *way* more fun cus they're all gaylord geography graduates who work on traffic lights, and therefore have had many many years of indoctrination. Fun fun fun :D

Brass eye was incredible! "I can feel myself becoming more suggestible *sniffs*"
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!