has ableton live got weak legs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ed J

Re: ableton live got week legs?

Post by Ed J » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:31 am

McQ714 wrote:and they say people in the UK speak "proper" english!?!?

look up the word "tread" for me... does that seem like the right definition for the word you should be using to describe this topic on the whole???
Hey, don't group us with this dipshit, I'm not retarded ;)
timothyallan wrote:
Ed J wrote:I'm sad that you apparently live in London and cannot tell the difference between a relative measurement of strength and a universal measurement of time.

I'm honestly embarrassed for you.
This, my good sir, is brilliant. It's just made the rounds on my MSN list of chums ;)
My thanks to you sir :D
Pasha wrote:
timothyallan wrote:ROCK SOLID SOUND

Many do not know but this was made with Max for Live... 8O
nice. nice.

I vote we all abandon this thread, due to it's complete and utter idiocy. (although it's potential for amusment is pretty good ;) )

*edit (oopsy, put text inside a quote again!)*
Some stuff, and some other stuff. Honest.
Currently on a huge and mostly pointless promotion drive, come play:
Soundcloud!
Facebook!!
Twatter!!!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:50 am

timothyallan wrote:
Ed J wrote:I'm sad that you apparently live in London and cannot tell the difference between a relative measurement of strength and a universal measurement of time.

I'm honestly embarrassed for you.
This, my good sir, is brilliant. It's just made the rounds on my MSN list of chums ;)
It is good, although a week is not a universal measurement of time, it really only applies to an earth calendar. A week, or 7 earth days has no real use in universal terms.

On the other hand, the relative measurement of strength is much more approrpriate as in:

'The shit in this thread is weak'

As he said himself, how can we take someone with the spelling capability of a six year old seriously.

Although, to be fair, all my children know the difference between weak and week and can spell both corretly. Only one of three is over six years old.

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:31 am

im glad people have started to get critical about spelling - using the right letters and putting them in the right order isnt really that difficult.

bad spellers and people who drop litter - :evil:

ive used reaper too a bit in the past - i find it ok but a hell of a lot more complicated than live - those massive drop down menus? ouch

ed j and russ - quality quotes

cheers

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:55 am

:D I'm not really a grammar nazi but it does get tiresome. The amount of times I see this kind of thing at work.

I never used to get involved with there problems, but I don't get where their coming from, I find it really annoys me which leads me to write long sentences, which are split up by, random commas, I don't use full stops at all and I like to use 'which' instead of 'that' alot, and I have no idea when to use 'their' 'there' or 'they're' dja get me? Dja get me tho?

We all make mistakes but random use of commas, which instead of that and not using the correct spelling of there, their and they're are the ones that get me. :x

It's week! :wink:

njh

Post by njh » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:00 am

slatepipe wrote:

ive used reaper too a bit in the past - i find it ok but a hell of a lot more complicated than live - those massive drop down menus? ouch

cheers
that is one of my bitches about reaper. you can waste a lot of time just searching through the bloated menu's for a simple function. the backwards way of selecting and editing audio files is also very annoying. you cant just point to a piece of audio and select it from within the track, all selections have to be made by highlighting the time line.
and the retarded window that wraps plug ins is very annoying. i know there is some function to get rid of this when you first open a plug in but, the wrapper always comes back after hiding the plug in, then re opening it.

i read the sound on sound review of reaper a while ago and kept on wondering if the reviewer wasnt paid off by cocko's.

oh another thing. the name "reaper" what kind of name is that for a daw? its just plain depressing. i know its suppose to be all hard ass and everything but i get depressed just hearing it.

to sum up my feelings on this software,

1. reaper is shit
2. its bloated full of confusing functions
3. the plug in window is retarded
4. how you have to select audio from the time line is retarded
5. the way these reaper fans go on and on about how great it is, reminds me of being a kid and having an asshole knock on all the doors in my neighborhood, all pumped up to get us to go to vacation bible school. they would lie about how much fun we where going to have just to majorly disappoint us once we got to there depressing church.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:03 am

njh wrote:
slatepipe wrote:

cheers
that is one of my bitches about reaper. you can waste a lot of time just searching through the bloated menu's for a simple function. the backwards way of selecting and editing audio files is also very annoying. you cant just point to a piece of audio and select it from within the track, all selections have to be made by highlighting the time line.
and the retarded window that wraps plug ins is very annoying. i know there is some function to get rid of this when you first open a plug in but, the wrapper always comes back after hiding the plug in, then re opening it.

i read the sound on sound review of reaper a while ago and kept on wondering if the reviewer wasnt paid off by cocko's.

oh another thing. the name "reaper" what kind of name is that for a daw? its just plain depressing. i know its suppose to be all hard ass and everything but i get depressed just hearing it.

to sum up my feelings on this software,

1. reaper is shit
2. its bloated full of confusing functions
3. the plug in window is retarded
4. how you have to select audio from the time line is retarded
5. the way these reaper fans go on and on about how great it is, reminds me of being a kid and having an asshole knock on all the doors in my neighborhood, all pumped up to get us to go to vacation bible school. they would lie about how much fun we where going to have just to majorly disappoint us once we got to there depressing church.
oops i posted this under my old username...o well..

i hate reaper so much
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Rave

Post by Rave » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:33 am

UKRuss wrote::D I'm not really a grammar nazi but it does get tiresome. The amount of times I see this kind of thing at work.

I never used to get involved with there problems, but I don't get where their coming from, I find it really annoys me which leads me to write long sentences, which are split up by, random commas, I don't use full stops at all and I like to use 'which' instead of 'that' alot, and I have no idea when to use 'their' 'there' or 'they're' dja get me? Dja get me tho?

We all make mistakes but random use of commas, which instead of that and not using the correct spelling of there, their and they're are the ones that get me. :x

It's week! :wink:

LOL

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:40 am

njh wrote:they would lie about how much fun we where going to have just to majorly disappoint us once we got to there depressing church.
THEIR!!!

:x

:wink:

neal909

Post by neal909 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:42 am

McQ714 wrote:and they say people in the UK speak "proper" english!?!?

look up the word "tread" for me... does that seem like the right definition for the word you should be using to describe this topic on the whole???
if you come over here sometime you will notice nobody speaks proper English, not even the English, i think it was the film snatch were this was so well pointed out

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:49 am

neal909 wrote:if you come over here sometime you will notice nobody speaks proper english, not even the english, was the the film snatch were this was so well pointed out
...random commas. :x

Let me help you by re-writing your paragraph in English.

'If you visit England, at some stage in the future, you will notice many people struggle with basic English language.

Can you imagine that British people themselves sometimes struggle with their own language? This is mainly due to lazy parenting, the youth of today's inexplicable obsession with street culture and the continual erosion of the comprehensive school system by pandering to the lowest common denominator.

I beleive the Guy Ritchie vehicle 'Snatch' made this point eloquently.'

:D

...and relax.

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:53 am

UKRuss wrote: I beleive the Guy Ritchie vehicle 'Snatch' made this point eloquently.'

:D

...and relax.
^^^ ahem...

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:57 am

You see? Even the edjumacated ones can't spell. :lol:

:oops:

:lol:

evernaut

Post by evernaut » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 am

Sorry mate - I couldn't resist it :)

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:10 am

I deserved it for being a bit of a cock. :lol:

Ball Sack

Post by Ball Sack » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:26 am

Can i just say that Logic is a great program and Ableton live Sucks!
Thanks for pointing out Reaper, i will give it a try.