I would love to buy Max4Live, but...........

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
XPM

I would love to buy Max4Live, but...........

Post by XPM » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:34 pm

I beta tested M4l, but could never get the thing working, as has been explained ad nauseum in a beta post:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=129300

Now, in the last post of that particular thread, someone seems to have come up with a solution.
My problem is that I really want to buy Max4Live (I even have birthday money waiting for the chance to be spent), but dont want to buy it only for it not to work. Betas have all now obviously expired, so I can't check if this will work on my system. Does anyone know (especially you guys at Ableton HQ) whether there will be a demo released? If so, when?

You're missing out on my money! :wink:

XPM

julienb

Re: I would love to buy Max4Live, but...........

Post by julienb » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:46 pm

it is a very strange thing.
do you use a particular tweaked OS? I guess you don't

did you try to reinstall the OS in order to be sure the requirements fit with your configuration?
(I mean even if you got the right Os, the right RAM amount etc, some drivers/library problems could make your configuration don't fit the requirement cause of particular and special things done)

did you have an answer from ableton or/& cycling 74 ?
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

el_camello

Re: I would love to buy Max4Live, but...........

Post by el_camello » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:43 pm

the solution is working perfectly for me so far. you should at least look if you can find the DLLs in your windows/system32 folder (or somewhere in windows)

you should try to crack a deal with ableton. until 2 minutes ago i was ready to start trying to get my money back.