max for live: incredible mangling potential

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jsn

max for live: incredible mangling potential

Post by jsn » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:19 am

holy... what can this NOT do? this is the best purchase i've made in a long while. mutilation is not even a fitting word. i'm hearing sounds from the icy dark side of the moon. thank you Ableton & Cycling74. 8O

Advice: STACK those MAXforLIVE fx to reexpand your universe.
Live Suite 9.5 (32-bit), MFL 6.1.3 (416a295), Win7HP

BinaryB

Re: max for live: incredible mangling potential

Post by BinaryB » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:26 pm

jsn wrote:holy... what can this NOT do?
It doesnt send and receive on 16 midi channels... http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=128795
jsn wrote: this is the best purchase i've made in a long while. mutilation is not even a fitting word. i'm hearing sounds from the icy dark side of the moon. thank you Ableton & Cycling74. 8O

Does ableton even tell us what effects or devices are in M4L ?
Live8 & Serato
Download NYE'08 DJset

jsn

Post by jsn » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:31 pm

BinaryB wrote:
jsn wrote:holy... what can this NOT do?
It doesnt send and receive on 16 midi channels... http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=128795
apparently but this does not effect my routine with Live. (actually, with What can this NOT do? i was referring to the mangling potential of Maxforlive.) there are, of course, a lot of things Live cannot do (at different junctures), however as a whole i am loving this new integration.
jsn wrote: this is the best purchase i've made in a long while. mutilation is not even a fitting word. i'm hearing sounds from the icy dark side of the moon. thank you Ableton & Cycling74. 8O

Does ableton even tell us what effects or devices are in M4L ?[/quote]

i didn't care. i knew the pluggo suite had been adapted and that there would be various new midi effects/instruments based on the integration. i also beta tested m4l before its release so i had a decent idea of what to expect. i have NO regrets, despite any bugs that may be present. i've now worked on two pieces with quite complex beat composition that make use of m4l features and have had NO problems with either set. personally,... i remain quite satisfied with the experience so far

as an aside, this was not meant to turn into a thread. :wink: it is only a thank you for what I KNOW that I (ME, MYSELF and I) appreciate because I am sitting here using it without any difficulty for a few nights now...and getting ideas down and nearing completion.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:56 pm

jsn wrote:actually, with What can this NOT do? i was referring to the mangling potential of Maxforlive.) there are, of course, a lot of things Live cannot do (at different junctures), however as a whole i am loving this new integration.
You forgot one thing, mate: in a post-Wikipedia world, rhetorical questions no longer exist.