Max runtime??

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Joshua Boden

Max runtime??

Post by Joshua Boden » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:26 am

So I am trying to get a definitive answer on what Max Runtime is exactly. Am I to understand that it allows you to use object built in Max/Msp without the need to own it? Or am I dead wrong.. anyone?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
J

adventurepants_

Re: Max runtime??

Post by adventurepants_ » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:32 am

Joshua Boden wrote:So I am trying to get a definitive answer on what Max Runtime is exactly. Am I to understand that it allows you to use object built in Max/Msp without the need to own it? Or am I dead wrong.. anyone?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
J
You are exactly right.

I wish they would make a runtime for M4L. I want to run a 7up with the Launchpad, but dont want to buy M4L just for that.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Joshua Boden

Post by Joshua Boden » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:33 am

Sweet! So I assume that runtime will allow me to run max pluggins in Live 8 as long as they are NOT part of M4L.True?

steff3

Post by steff3 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:57 am

Well, Max is a standalone app and Max runtime is for standalone use .... So, no.

There was a pluggo runtime that allowed you to load pluggo plugins in hosts, but this is no longer supported ...

>>
Am I to understand that it allows you to use object built in Max/Msp without the need to own it?
>>

depends on how you interpret the term #object#. It allows you to open Max patches, but not to edit them. A maxpatch can be a lot of things, so ....

hope that helps

best

Joshua Boden

Post by Joshua Boden » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:22 am

Thanks! Can runtime work in rewire mode?