coffee drinkers ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
morbid
Posts: 106
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:58 pm

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by morbid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am

Image

Kuhn Rikon Auto Black Safety

It doesn't so much as cut the lid of but scores the can around the diameter.

Hot stuff!

And you did ask

Machinesworking
Posts: 11118
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:40 am

I use a regular coffee maker with a paper filter. Apparently paper filters are better health wise than other methods. Occasionally French Pressed as well.
Organic French Roast, the brand is whatever is on sale at the moment so roughly $9 a pound. Black is the only way. An 8 cup pot a day.

beatmunga
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by beatmunga » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 am

Image

Never had a bad cup
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

balonny
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm
Location: Third Rock from the Sun

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by balonny » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 pm

One thing on coffee. Since I started learning and working with LIVE my coffee intake is four-fold in comparison
with pre-LIVE time...
I'd say Ableton and coffee go hand in hand, too bad there's no coffee icon on this forum 8O
Gonna make a cup of hot delicious coffee right now :lol:
Constantly moving borders - Lapis Tertius a Sole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQl5Vt4l9bk

ian_halsall
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Location: South London
Contact:

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by ian_halsall » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:05 pm

morbid wrote:Image

Kuhn Rikon Auto Black Safety

It doesn't so much as cut the lid of but scores the can around the diameter.

Hot stuff!

And you did ask
that's a fucker of a tin-opener - not sure I can afford it though.

It looks built to last though so it might be worth the upfront investment.

Any advice on tea-towels and washing powder?

evon
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
Location: Jamrock

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by evon » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm

nathannn wrote:im using one of these
Image
its an analog coffee maker
and i can really taste the difference.

honestly im just using it because the real coffee maker broke.
i feel like im hanging out with john wayne when using this thing.
i cant say im a john wayne fan.
that guy loves to punch.
You know..my elder sister (now deceased) had one of those. I inherited the damn thing but stopped using it after a while...got scared about all the aluminum it was made of.
fe real!

vitalispopoff
Posts: 261
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Warsaw, PL
Contact:

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by vitalispopoff » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm

Evon, i guess You're from the one of those countries, where vodka is sold in plastic bootles, aren't You?
MBP/ M-Audio FW 410/ OSX 8/AL 9 Suite/ UC33e + Drehbank

evon
Posts: 1058
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
Location: Jamrock

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by evon » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 am

Ironically, I am from a country that produce lots of bauxite from which aluminim is made.
fe real!

carbohydron
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by carbohydron » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 am

cough amateurs Image /cough

hps909
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:09 am

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by hps909 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:50 pm

Machinesworking wrote:I use a regular coffee maker with a paper filter. Apparently paper filters are better health wise than other methods. Occasionally French Pressed as well.
Organic French Roast, the brand is whatever is on sale at the moment so roughly $9 a pound. Black is the only way. An 8 cup pot a day.
i really dont get perculated coffee it's the most feral form of coffee on the planet .. plunger (french press) coffee isn't much better it really is a step down from instant ..
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.12 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 9, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, roland tb-03, roland Jx-03, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8

hoffman2k
Posts: 14700
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by hoffman2k » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:31 pm

hps909 wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:I use a regular coffee maker with a paper filter. Apparently paper filters are better health wise than other methods. Occasionally French Pressed as well.
Organic French Roast, the brand is whatever is on sale at the moment so roughly $9 a pound. Black is the only way. An 8 cup pot a day.
i really dont get perculated coffee it's the most feral form of coffee on the planet .. plunger (french press) coffee isn't much better it really is a step down from instant ..
I'll have to disagree there. Case in point: the rented coffee machine at work.
Its filled with 2 containers. One with milk and the other is coffee in liquid paste form. Add water and voila! You just made diarrhea with a coffee aftertaste.
A percolator fits well into the workflow of not being to busy too press a button, but too busy to use a french press. Plus, multiple people have to drink coffee.

Hooked an Java Boungie at the moment... Smooth like it already has a lump of sugar and strong enough to wake up bass players.

sporkles
Posts: 3189
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Schmocation

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by sporkles » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 pm

Here's what I'm sporting. Espresso can and milk frother... Aaaaaaaw yeah! 8)

Image

H20nly
Posts: 15846
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 pm

i frequently (but not always) buy coffee at 7/11. i'm glad that i am not so obsessed that i canot do this. it's convenient. hence the name "convenience store".

being able to drink coffee that isn't prepared to exacting specifications using the most advanced coffee making equipment on the planet also means that i don't feel like a total asshole when nothing else is available and i'm offered a cup.

Question: would you like a cup of coffee?
Answer: well that depends; how was it made, what kind of beans where used and were any poor children harmed in the harvesting of those beans?
Response: do you want some fucking coffee or not?

ian_halsall
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Location: South London
Contact:

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by ian_halsall » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am

H20nly wrote:i frequently (but not always) buy coffee at 7/11. i'm glad that i am not so obsessed that i canot do this. it's convenient. hence the name "convenience store".

being able to drink coffee that isn't prepared to exacting specifications using the most advanced coffee making equipment on the planet also means that i don't feel like a total asshole when nothing else is available and i'm offered a cup.

Question: would you like a cup of coffee?
Answer: well that depends; how was it made, what kind of beans where used and were any poor children harmed in the harvesting of those beans?
Response: do you want some fucking coffee or not?
Yeah - haha

rozling
Posts: 1759
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 9:48 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: coffee drinkers ?

Post by rozling » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 am

ian_halsall wrote:
H20nly wrote:i frequently (but not always) buy PCs at Best Buy. i'm glad that i am not so obsessed that i canot do this. it's the best. hence the name "Best Buy".

being able to use a PC that isn't prepared to exacting specifications using the most advanced PC making equipment on the planet also means that i don't feel like a total asshole when nothing else is available and i'm offered a PC.

Question: would you like a computer?
Answer: well that depends; how was it made, what kind of chips where used and were any poor children harmed in the harvesting of those chips?
Response: do you want a fucking computer or not?
Image
LoopStationZebra wrote:I don't understand how threads like this AREN'T IN THE LOUNGE 2 SECONDS AFTER THEY ARE CREATED HERE.

FFS.

:x
This thread was created before the Lounge existed. I bumped it to keep the old discussion going - if you want it in the Lounge by all means complain to the mod(s).

I don't get spamming the thread with LMAO U GIZE R SUCH IDIOTZ posts. The last two or three pages have been people making it fairly plain (in a painfully unfunny way) that you aren't into coffee. You know what, this might not be the thread for you. If you don't want it bumped don't post in it.

Post Reply