All times are UTC

 
 



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am 

Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:58 pm
Posts: 105
Image

Kuhn Rikon Auto Black Safety

It doesn't so much as cut the lid of but scores the can around the diameter.

Hot stuff!

And you did ask


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:40 am 

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:30 pm
Posts: 9626
Location: Seattle
I use a regular coffee maker with a paper filter. Apparently paper filters are better health wise than other methods. Occasionally French Pressed as well.
Organic French Roast, the brand is whatever is on sale at the moment so roughly $9 a pound. Black is the only way. An 8 cup pot a day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:26 am 

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 pm
Posts: 728
Image

Never had a bad cup

_________________
mendeldrive wrote:
NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:31 pm 

Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:30 pm
Posts: 271
Location: Third Rock from the Sun
One thing on coffee. Since I started learning and working with LIVE my coffee intake is four-fold in comparison
with pre-LIVE time...
I'd say Ableton and coffee go hand in hand, too bad there's no coffee icon on this forum 8O
Gonna make a cup of hot delicious coffee right now :lol:

_________________
Constantly moving borders - Lapis Tertius a Sole
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQl5Vt4l9bk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:05 pm 

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Posts: 1574
Location: South London
morbid wrote:
Image

Kuhn Rikon Auto Black Safety

It doesn't so much as cut the lid of but scores the can around the diameter.

Hot stuff!

And you did ask


that's a fucker of a tin-opener - not sure I can afford it though.

It looks built to last though so it might be worth the upfront investment.

Any advice on tea-towels and washing powder?

_________________
My Music:

https://soundcloud.com/ian_halsall/sets/mhtrtf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:16 pm 

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Jamrock
nathannn wrote:
im using one of these
Image
its an analog coffee maker
and i can really taste the difference.

honestly im just using it because the real coffee maker broke.
i feel like im hanging out with john wayne when using this thing.
i cant say im a john wayne fan.
that guy loves to punch.


You know..my elder sister (now deceased) had one of those. I inherited the damn thing but stopped using it after a while...got scared about all the aluminum it was made of.

_________________
fe real!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 pm 

Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:18 pm
Posts: 261
Location: Warsaw, PL
Evon, i guess You're from the one of those countries, where vodka is sold in plastic bootles, aren't You?

_________________
MBP/ M-Audio FW 410/ OSX 8/AL 9 Suite/ UC33e + Drehbank


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:34 am 

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:44 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Jamrock
Ironically, I am from a country that produce lots of bauxite from which aluminim is made.

_________________
fe real!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:21 am 

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am
Posts: 6
cough amateurs Image /cough


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:50 pm 

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:09 am
Posts: 202
Machinesworking wrote:
I use a regular coffee maker with a paper filter. Apparently paper filters are better health wise than other methods. Occasionally French Pressed as well.
Organic French Roast, the brand is whatever is on sale at the moment so roughly $9 a pound. Black is the only way. An 8 cup pot a day.


i really dont get perculated coffee it's the most feral form of coffee on the planet .. plunger (french press) coffee isn't much better it really is a step down from instant ..

_________________
macbook pro 2.5 i5 os 10.9 , TC Electronik Konnekt 48, Live 9, Cubase 6.5, event 20/20, Waldorf Blofeld, Emu e6400, DSI Mopho, korg mikrokontrol, novation nocturn, akai lpd8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:31 pm 

Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Posts: 14473
Location: Belgium
hps909 wrote:
Machinesworking wrote:
I use a regular coffee maker with a paper filter. Apparently paper filters are better health wise than other methods. Occasionally French Pressed as well.
Organic French Roast, the brand is whatever is on sale at the moment so roughly $9 a pound. Black is the only way. An 8 cup pot a day.


i really dont get perculated coffee it's the most feral form of coffee on the planet .. plunger (french press) coffee isn't much better it really is a step down from instant ..


I'll have to disagree there. Case in point: the rented coffee machine at work.
Its filled with 2 containers. One with milk and the other is coffee in liquid paste form. Add water and voila! You just made diarrhea with a coffee aftertaste.
A percolator fits well into the workflow of not being to busy too press a button, but too busy to use a french press. Plus, multiple people have to drink coffee.

Hooked an Java Boungie at the moment... Smooth like it already has a lump of sugar and strong enough to wake up bass players.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:41 pm 

Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 pm
Posts: 2681
Location: Schmocation
Here's what I'm sporting. Espresso can and milk frother... Aaaaaaaw yeah! 8)

Image

_________________
Image Image Latest track: Infinite Monkey

5argon wrote:
BASS GUITARS AND THE DAMN HYDROGEN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:27 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Posts: 12993
Location: The Wild West
i frequently (but not always) buy coffee at 7/11. i'm glad that i am not so obsessed that i canot do this. it's convenient. hence the name "convenience store".

being able to drink coffee that isn't prepared to exacting specifications using the most advanced coffee making equipment on the planet also means that i don't feel like a total asshole when nothing else is available and i'm offered a cup.

Question: would you like a cup of coffee?
Answer: well that depends; how was it made, what kind of beans where used and were any poor children harmed in the harvesting of those beans?
Response: do you want some fucking coffee or not?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am 

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 8:52 am
Posts: 1574
Location: South London
H20nly wrote:
i frequently (but not always) buy coffee at 7/11. i'm glad that i am not so obsessed that i canot do this. it's convenient. hence the name "convenience store".

being able to drink coffee that isn't prepared to exacting specifications using the most advanced coffee making equipment on the planet also means that i don't feel like a total asshole when nothing else is available and i'm offered a cup.

Question: would you like a cup of coffee?
Answer: well that depends; how was it made, what kind of beans where used and were any poor children harmed in the harvesting of those beans?
Response: do you want some fucking coffee or not?


Yeah - haha

_________________
My Music:

https://soundcloud.com/ian_halsall/sets/mhtrtf


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: coffee drinkers ?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:27 am 

Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 9:48 am
Posts: 1670
Location: Dublin, Ireland
ian_halsall wrote:
H20nly wrote:
i frequently (but not always) buy PCs at Best Buy. i'm glad that i am not so obsessed that i canot do this. it's the best. hence the name "Best Buy".

being able to use a PC that isn't prepared to exacting specifications using the most advanced PC making equipment on the planet also means that i don't feel like a total asshole when nothing else is available and i'm offered a PC.

Question: would you like a computer?
Answer: well that depends; how was it made, what kind of chips where used and were any poor children harmed in the harvesting of those chips?
Response: do you want a fucking computer or not?

Image

LoopStationZebra wrote:
I don't understand how threads like this AREN'T IN THE LOUNGE 2 SECONDS AFTER THEY ARE CREATED HERE.

FFS.

:x

This thread was created before the Lounge existed. I bumped it to keep the old discussion going - if you want it in the Lounge by all means complain to the mod(s).

I don't get spamming the thread with LMAO U GIZE R SUCH IDIOTZ posts. The last two or three pages have been people making it fairly plain (in a painfully unfunny way) that you aren't into coffee. You know what, this might not be the thread for you. If you don't want it bumped don't post in it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC

 
 

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group