Latin perc still slow...?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Jekblad

Latin perc still slow...?

Post by Jekblad » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:15 pm

Anybody else feel like latin percussion just makes live work SO hard? tons of loading time, glitches up the audio engine. I can freeze the tracks but just GETTING to that point is a huge pita.

I'm on 8.08 still.
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

steff3

Re: Latin perc still slow...?

Post by steff3 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:48 pm

Well, seems my hardware setup is not too different from yours (MacBook 2 GHz, white early 2009) and yes, they take some time - but I do not think it is overly long. And playback glitches - hmmm, no, with VSL yes, tons of, but not with Latin Percussions or Session Drums. (Use VSL and you know what long waiting times are. When they released their player they said it is superior in performance to the samplers on the market - never encountered that - Kontakt, not being the most efficient sampler engine out there, is ways superior in this regard ... problems with Synchrosoft, long loading times, high CPU consumption - ok, sample quality and GUI is great ....)

So, maybe it is RAM (I have 4GB) or other plugins that stress the cpu.

best

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Yeah i hardly use them because of the wait to load them. The last thing you need when your in the zone is a minutes wait as the audio engine glitches out as you drag across one of the instruments. They sound amazing though.

TRS80

Post by TRS80 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:29 pm

That's one of the first things I noticed about the suite. I emailed abes tech support and they got back to me saying yeah it's a big instrument and can be a little slow and they are working on optimizing it.

I've just been avoiding it but need to see if it's still beachball slow.
Ableton Suite 8.2.2 suite; OS 10.6.7