Upgrade the forum or not ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Upgrade the forum or not ?

YES, definitively. We need to make attachements of jpg & more.
57%
NO, I don't care.
43%

Total votes: 37

knotkranky

Re: Upgrade the forum or not ?

Post by knotkranky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 pm

smutek wrote:Then there will be a huge flame war over what ten threads constitute the best of each.
Should be some entertainment fo sho. A social studies experiment at least :wink:

You may be right though, i don't think they can handle it :P

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:19 pm

knotkranky wrote:Broken links? pfft, welcome to the internets mate. Happens with any search engine. It's an upstream problem.

Google is still 10 times better that this forum's internal search regardless.
actually i just gave Google another whirl and couldn't find a bodgy link... but for a few months there every second link from Google would go to a completely different topic in the forum...

smutek

Post by smutek » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 pm

knotkranky wrote:
smutek wrote:Then there will be a huge flame war over what ten threads constitute the best of each.
Should be some entertainment fo sho. A social studies experiment at least :wink:

They should enable free tagging for every post and every response, then make a giant tag cloud that would sit in the footer.

In about a week it would be as useless as the search function but 100x more obnoxious, and it would get worse with every passing day.

Or better yet use some sort of jquery to make the cloud pop up and take over your screen - every time an existing keyword is entered in the post window.

"were you posting about 'the'? there are already posts about 'the', click the tag to view or click here to close this window"

haha, that would rule!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:51 am

knotkranky wrote:

:twisted: BRING IT :twisted: