Man made Global Warming is not taking place

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Emissary

Man made Global Warming is not taking place

Post by Emissary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:04 pm

Watch and discuss. makes extremely interesting viewing and shows how much the general public can be thrust behind a movement without anything but blind faith

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6irdVZkX40

Let the discussions, swearing and name calling begin :D

edit: I put that title to draw people in. I don't necessarily believe / disbelieve it at this point

glitchrock-buddha

Re: Man made Global Warming is not taking place

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:59 pm

Sounds convincing, but if you go to Cryosphere Today http://arctic.atmos.uiuc.edu/cryosphere ... shade.html, which is the website he mentions where he gets the data (and indeed you can download it), the trends appear to me to be consisting downwards in terms of Ice coverage (contrary to what he was saying). I didn't do any statistical analysis on the data though, just looked at the graphs.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:02 pm

interesting to say the least, of course its impossible to make any kind of judgement on anything when records have been kept for such a tiny amount of time.

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 pm

i know one thing, 'every action has..............

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:26 pm

There are four wave forms there, the top three very close... like a detuned saw layering thingy.

How can I get these waves into Sampler?

These will become part of my new enviro-opera, Part I: 'Why humans? Why?'

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:28 pm

starving student wrote:i know one thing, 'every action has..............
...a YouTube link?
Unsound Designer

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:51 pm

i hope the naysayers of global warming don't stand in the way of those that believe in it. there are two possibilities:

a) there is global warming, and we need to handle to save the world
b) there isn't, and it was all effort for nothing (but the industry evolved thanks to it, we learned a lot and gained anyways)

now if a) is true, then the ones not believing in it should go out of the way anyways. why? because they know they might be wrong.
if b) is true, all doesn't matter. the industry progressed, and life goes on.

so please, doubters, leave the ones that try to save the world do their job. you will be happy if they do it right, if the world actually needs to be saved.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 pm

davepermen wrote:if b) is true, all doesn't matter. the industry progressed, and life goes on.
Wrong. The suggested courses of action to prevent man made global warming have serious economic consequences for the world, and I'm not talking about some rich people not getting quite as much cash this year. Check out the big walkout at Copenhagen. The developing countries don't want environmental restrictions for themselves, but want them for already-developed countries because they know the restrictions will cause economic drag and they feel this will level the playing field economically. Basically it is global wealth re-distribution under the guise of environmental policy.

So if AGW is real, then we have to do whatever it takes to prevent it even if it means overturning the existing global economic system. If AGW is not real, we have screwed the global system for no good reason other than a strictly POLITICAL agenda.

This stuff has very very serious consequences either way we go, therefore it is crucial that we have an OPEN and HONEST discussion about it NOW.

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 pm

yep. sure. well, i know the consequences, and don't see the dramatic terrible impact. sorry. it forces people to rethink what they do. and i think that's good.

then again, i believe it's needed anyways, so it's hard to think "your way", somehow..

i will read up on it a bit, but i try to stay out of political discussions anyways. they're quite at a dead end in Switzerland right now due to our racist patriots anyways..

then again.. which impact is bigger? killing the whole world? or having to spend a bit of money that we might gain again in evolving in technology and knowledge later on.. (said otherwise: invested, not lost)

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 pm

what difference does it make to YOU if it is or it isn't?

prepare for the worst hope for the best.

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:05 pm

ethios4 wrote:
davepermen wrote:if b) is true, all doesn't matter. the industry progressed, and life goes on.
Wrong. The suggested courses of action to prevent man made global warming have serious economic consequences for the world, and I'm not talking about some rich people not getting quite as much cash this year. Check out the big walkout at Copenhagen. The developing countries don't want environmental restrictions for themselves, but want them for already-developed countries because they know the restrictions will cause economic drag and they feel this will level the playing field economically. Basically it is global wealth re-distribution under the guise of environmental policy.

So if AGW is real, then we have to do whatever it takes to prevent it even if it means overturning the existing global economic system. If AGW is not real, we have screwed the global system for no good reason other than a strictly POLITICAL agenda.

This stuff has very very serious consequences either way we go, therefore it is crucial that we have an OPEN and HONEST discussion about it NOW.

no excuse, if all the kids gangbangin in los angeles changed their ways and decided to go to school and go to work it would financially level los angeles and california would fall into the ocean, does that mean that they shouldn't do it just because the rest of californias citizens have a need to live on someones back

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:10 pm

changing cars over from oil?

regulating oil companies?

wind power?

solar power? (no blackouts...ever again. a blackout that takes out an entire city could take years to recover from.)

less factory farming?

none of these are political reasons.

these are the results of the "economic fallout" being preached about. when in actuality it will be the greatest boost to the US economy since the industrial revolution.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:12 pm

the whole debate has been nicely sidelined by people arguing about global warming.

it's pollution. pollution is very real, it needs to be curtailed. that cannot be denied.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:15 pm

hurlingdervish wrote:changing cars over from oil?

regulating oil companies?

wind power?

solar power? (no blackouts...ever again. a blackout that takes out an entire city could take years to recover from.)

less factory farming?

none of these are political reasons.

these are the results of the "economic fallout" being preached about. when in actuality it will be the greatest boost to the US economy since the industrial revolution.
the only thing that kills economy is stagnation, stopping to progress and innovate.

this forces innovation, this forces the economy to do things. this brings the economy to life again.

and, as a side effect, the whole world survives.

but doubters can't consider such things, somehow.

senator adam

Post by senator adam » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:38 pm

Tone Deft wrote:the whole debate has been nicely sidelined by people arguing about global warming.

it's pollution. pollution is very real, it needs to be curtailed. that cannot be denied.
Exactly. Whales don't have the ability to use Brita water filters like we do.
My tunes (triphop/downtempo/beats):
http://www.thenewlaw.com

My podcast:
http://www.senatoradam.com