OMG who is this dude?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
kb420

Re: OMG who is this dude?

Post by kb420 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:11 pm

drako wrote: That is just one part of the chain, the source is the most important.
Sampling in a daw or using a sp1200 or w30 in this case, makes a lot of difference.

As it should when you consider the fact that both the sp1200 and the w30 were both only 12bit samplers!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

drako

Post by drako » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:33 pm

kb420 wrote:
drako wrote: That is just one part of the chain, the source is the most important.
Sampling in a daw or using a sp1200 or w30 in this case, makes a lot of difference.

As it should when you consider the fact that both the sp1200 and the w30 were both only 12bit samplers!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Yea, and cheap opamps and a filter on the outs, i guess you had one of those, so you know what i am talking about.
Play with one and record, tell me the difference :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:34 am

I guess there's good reason Native Instruments has SP1200 and MPC60 emulation mode up their sleeve for the next update of Maschine.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:38 am

drako wrote:Yea, and cheap opamps and a filter on the outs, i guess you had one of those, so you know what i am talking about.
Play with one and record, tell me the difference :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I love the sound of crunchy 12 bit samplers. I know exactly what you are talking about.
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:09 am

monstrejumo wrote:well that seems really cool. And there is a big waves product discount these times... :roll:

what do you think about this? useful for real, even if I don't use guitars?

cheers
very usefull for real, check out on youtube, there is a guy showing how to use GTR for anything but guitars and bass. i also love to abuse any type of cabinet or pedal emulations (or the real thing)

but i personally like NI's guitar rig more, i think it's better.
*** Image GAFM ***

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:33 am

Agreed, although the Doubler in Waves is cool.

As a mate of mine pointed out though...the vid is impressive, though why bother...all it proves is that it takes a small amount of time to do something that took Liam months to do in the old days and is therefore a lot more impressive. personally i still liked the vid and again as my mate pointed out he forgot the 'hey, hey, hey' sample from The Art of Noise.

nitpicking but there you go, I am still snowed in and going stir crazy!!

AAARRGGGHHHHH!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:55 pm

UKRuss wrote:Agreed, although the Doubler in Waves is cool.

As a mate of mine pointed out though...the vid is impressive, though why bother...all it proves is that it takes a small amount of time to do something that took Liam months to do in the old days and is therefore a lot more impressive. personally i still liked the vid and again as my mate pointed out he forgot the 'hey, hey, hey' sample from The Art of Noise.

nitpicking but there you go, I am still snowed in and going stir crazy!!

AAARRGGGHHHHH!

It took me a while to get my SUV out, but I just ran out to the store. I'll be snowed in completely before it all ends!!!!
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:56 pm

:-)

I have a front wheel drive minivan...it doesnt do snow.