BEER + APC40 nightmare

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
arar

Re: BEER + APC40 nightmare

Post by arar » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:11 am

Someone spilled a pint on my kaoss pad 1 several years ago, it kept working till the end of the night, then rather frustrating would light up but was 'stuck' at one place on the screening, contemplated trying to get a replacement screen to rebuild but gave up; your story has reminded me that the next time I take expensive gear out in public I am going to stick someting waterproof over it before and after I use it (hopefully I'll remember to switch it off so it doesn't burst into flames!)

Verbal

Post by Verbal » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:10 am

Not sure how having a beer near your gear (which is your own choice by the way) means you aren't professional.

eggnchips

Post by eggnchips » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:33 pm

Maybe he was trying to tell you something.
Casio keyboard with 48k ZX Spectrum, a couple of tambourines and a triangle.
MUHK RECORDS

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:49 pm

Verbal wrote:Not sure how having a beer near your gear (which is your own choice by the way) means you aren't professional.
One day when you are PRO you will understand.

Sympathy to the OP.

wombcorps

Post by wombcorps » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:57 am

either way its a horrible thing to happen - I've had people spill drinks on my SLR camera when I've been out taking pics at events and it happens so quickly sometimes that there is nothing you can do. thankfully, this has happened twice, and both times on my flashgun which seems to lap up the booze and carry on with vigour. but just the thought of it breaking my very expensive camera has armed me with a reflex now where i instinctivley manage to get the camera well away from liquids. and i think now i have laptop/apc/soundcard etc to play live sets with instead of vinyl that this relex will extend to my newer kit ;)

stonee

Post by stonee » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:45 pm

the_planet wrote:I was riding to the studio with a 24oz beer in my bag along with my Mac Book and a synth.
Yeah, the beer exploded, computer was trashed. Luckily, there is a market on eBay for destroyed MB parts.
you still have said parts?

my poor MBP pro has been through hell and back.

i fell off my bike right on it. I hit so hard, I heard a crunch, and though it was my back. snapped the screen, and concaved the whole bloody thing.

Then, a freind spilled rum and coke into the keys, and now the delete key doesnt work.

despite all this, it keeps chugging along.

i think im gonna get a unibody soon, even tougher, and working in canadian national parks AND doing live music, ima try and waterproof it...