So who else is hitting those Max tutorials?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
glitchrock-buddha

So who else is hitting those Max tutorials?

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:10 am

First I read the four sections of documentation under 'Writing Patches'. Slightly dry reading there. But the tutorials are really where it's at. They explain everything really well.
I just finished tutorial #4 (Metro and Toggle)....

It's starting to make sense!

Who else is starting from square one, hitting those tutorials? Where you at?

Never thought I would, but now that I have things in mind that I want to make, it's rather fun getting into it.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Green Lemon

Re: So who else is hitting those Max tutorials?

Post by Green Lemon » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:16 am

I just kind of dip into the tutorials when I'm stuck. I never had the patience to really do them. But they are really well done, I love the help system in Max 5. How many applications have ever made a person say that? I love the help system! I think the M4L tutorials and help files show some signs of having been finished in a hurry (especially the Live API stuff), but I guess you can't blame them for that. I'm sure it will get more defined as time goes by.
--
first 1k as chrysalis33rpm.

S4racen

Re: So who else is hitting those Max tutorials?

Post by S4racen » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:10 pm

Green Lemon wrote:I just kind of dip into the tutorials when I'm stuck. I never had the patience to really do them. But they are really well done, I love the help system in Max 5. How many applications have ever made a person say that? I love the help system! I think the M4L tutorials and help files show some signs of having been finished in a hurry (especially the Live API stuff), but I guess you can't blame them for that. I'm sure it will get more defined as time goes by.
Same here, not done one tutorial but alt click is my friend so many times!

Cheers
D