Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Dennis DeSantis
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:31 pm
Location: Ableton NYC

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi rutgermuller,

Is this ONLY when using Complex mode? Can you reproduce this at all when using the other warp modes?

Thanks,

drako
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 5:05 am

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by drako » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:31 am

rutgermuller wrote:I'm using only audio files and complex warping mode.

Lots of weird clicks, pops and suddenly really loud audio clips. And today 3 crashes already.

Anyone else experiences something similar?
Same here with complex mode, glitches and pops

rpc9943
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 am

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by rpc9943 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:51 pm

just launched 8.1.1 and it simply had a runtime error - all i did was play imposcar with boogex on the chain, and change a bit of automation as i was recording.

Humm...

RonC
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

rpc9943
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 am

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by rpc9943 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:48 pm

wow- just finished a track. about to export, just split a clip and pressed delete, and bam gone. reloaded, and it crashed live every time i tried, even after a reboot. gone!

so..... i am so ready to help with any errors. what do i do to get involved?

pissed

RonC
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

Dennis DeSantis
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:31 pm
Location: Ableton NYC

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi rpc9943,

I would suggest contacting support: http://www.ableton.com/pages/support/co ... al_support

They may be able to help you salvage your track. No guarantees, but this is sometimes possible. In any case, you shouldn't be having these crashes.

Best,

topcat
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by topcat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:51 pm

purchased live 8 suite. downloaded new version. Trying to install all the extra instruments / samples that comes with suite and its hanging everytime. NOT HAPPY. HELP!!

Dennis DeSantis
Posts: 670
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:31 pm
Location: Ableton NYC

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:03 pm

topcat wrote:purchased live 8 suite. downloaded new version. Trying to install all the extra instruments / samples that comes with suite and its hanging everytime. NOT HAPPY. HELP!!
The installation process for this content is somewhat slow. Are you absolutely sure that it's actually hanging? Is it possible it's just taking a long time?

Best,

topcat
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by topcat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:31 pm

Activity Monitor on mac says that live is not responding. There is also the colourful wirly mouse pointer thing going around. It doesn't appear to be doing anything!

Kampell
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:52 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by Kampell » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:38 pm

drako wrote:
rutgermuller wrote:I'm using only audio files and complex warping mode.

Lots of weird clicks, pops and suddenly really loud audio clips. And today 3 crashes already.

Anyone else experiences something similar?
Same here with complex mode, glitches and pops

same issue here. running my system with newest beta of live, vist32, rme multiface, uad2, apc, launchpad, remote sl. :(
hope this will fixed soon.

greetz

topcat
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by topcat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:52 am

Dennis DeSantis wrote:
topcat wrote:purchased live 8 suite. downloaded new version. Trying to install all the extra instruments / samples that comes with suite and its hanging everytime. NOT HAPPY. HELP!!
The installation process for this content is somewhat slow. Are you absolutely sure that it's actually hanging? Is it possible it's just taking a long time?

Best,
Hi Dennis, thanks for your quick response. I waited...and waited..and it is now installing. The 'live is not responding' message in activity monitor combined with the really long wait for anything to happen was making me think it had crashed.
For anyone new to installing ableton suite extras this might be useful info. cheers

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:11 pm

mine crashed yesterday after recording a 30 mins. Jam...
when it "restored"... everything in 'arrangement' was gone...
automation... clips... everything!

so glad I started the habit of recording the instruments and the vocals to audio tracks...
otherwise this session would've been lost...

located the wavs in a the 'temp project' dir...
so at least we have a recording.

if you're having an important session...
remember...
ALWAYS RECORD THE AUDIO ...

lesson learned ...and implemented
Image

Zeno
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 8:03 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by Zeno » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:54 am

Does anyone know if the corruption of saved files (in 8.1) is resolved?
Had an older project that would not save properly in 8.1, and had to keep working with it 8.09. Saving it in 8.1 would damage the project in such a way that it would no longer open (error given: "The document [....] is corrupt. [There is not enough memory available. Please save your Live Set now and quit. (at line 4381334, column 98)]")

I just tested with that project, and so far so good, but I am wary. If others have more information (especially from our beloved programmers), it would be much appreciated.

I did send the file into Ableton for examination back in mid-December, but never received a reply.

Z

Zeno
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 8:03 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by Zeno » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:03 am

I just noticed that file size of a project was reduced dramatically from 8.09 to 8.1.1.
The project file was originally almost 272MB; and after saving in 8.1.1 it's down to 43MB.
Checking through briefly it seems that all is there (it's 170 tracks and over 2 hours, so can't say yet for sure)...Still this raises the question:
Is this size economization to be expected? Is it a feature or a bug?

Thank you for any insights....

Z

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by 3dot... » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:47 am

Zeno wrote:I just noticed that file size of a project was reduced dramatically from 8.09 to 8.1.1.
The project file was originally almost 272MB; and after saving in 8.1.1 it's down to 43MB.
Checking through briefly it seems that all is there (it's 170 tracks and over 2 hours, so can't say yet for sure)...Still this raises the question:
Is this size economization to be expected? Is it a feature or a bug?

Thank you for any insights....

Z
FILE->> 'Collect all and save'->>watch it grow..
Image

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by SubFunk » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:17 pm

damn, after a happy start with 8.1.1 i encountered that dragging a selection of several clips in arrange to a new position always leeds to a ZAP!
also cutting with command+E a partition and dragging it does the ZAP!

OSX 10.6.2

i've send a report and crash log.
*** Image GAFM ***

Post Reply