Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
julienb

Re: Live 8.1.1 is online! (change log included)

Post by julienb » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:43 pm

abiah wrote:3 crashes in first 30 minutes of use
working with a project created in 8.1
changed audio driver .. crash
opened new audio track .. crash
tried to bounce an audio part.. crash

thats enough for me. back to 8.1 until i've finished this project at least.
very useful infos for developer and community.

what is your setup?
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vicious_Angel

Post by Vicious_Angel » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:19 pm

I am totally frustrated. After 6-8 hours of banging hapiness i forgot to save the last two hours of my project (i was on a flow) and then i draged an eq (ableton native eq8) and live crashed.
Ok i thought i will open live again and everything is gonna load before the last step, so i opened live and on load it crashed again.
So i lost 2 hours of editing/composing of my song. These things are on daily basis and i am somewhat bored with all that.
Is a new version coming out soon? That makes live STABLE?

I bought live in version 8 as i was reading from net and discussing with friend producers that its so cool ans stable so i demoed it, love it and bought it.
But i can only say that is the most unstable audio app i ever encountered. It crashes in random times and in ways i cannot reproduce them.

My specs if anyone wants to know are:
Vista 64bit sp2
Core i7 920
6 Gb ram
emu1212m soundcard.

Oh and my pc is formated with fresh instalation of windown before 2-3 weeks. I was in a great belief that was my pc's fault of live crashes.

julienb

Post by julienb » Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:49 am

abiah wrote:
julienb wrote: very useful infos for developer and community. what is your setup?
lol. apologies.. Macbook2.1ghz coreduo, os 10.5.8, 2GbRAM, silver saffire s/card
fwiw, ableton has never been particularly stable on it, esp since v8.
never?

wow...
Julien Bayle

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer

oneummon

Post by oneummon » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:44 am

I have a same set up as abiah, macbook 2.1ghz coreduo and 8.1.1. App couldn't be more stable here. For the last
two weeks I've been working 6 hours a day. over 80 hours of working without a single crash. Saving twice a day:)

The deal is that I'm only using the arrangement window. I record outboard stuff and then playing with files
in the time line. I don't use any 3rd party plugins or instruments. No midi. Just audio files and samples from the browser.

So, using 8.1.1 as a simple sequencer won't cause any hassle - at least for me. Of course this doesn't fit for everyones needs.

-j

Skylark

Post by Skylark » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:40 pm

8.1.1 didnt fix any of the problems I have been having. I still cant use ableton. :cry:
Ableton + Akai MPD24 = MORE FIRE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cELP3_BnNp4

Peace be with you!

http://www.soundcloud.com/tehsynes

nexus-6

Post by nexus-6 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:23 pm

when will live intro be supported??
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:33 pm

check the new beta.

loads more stable. . .

There are several issues that seem to have been resolved. Check the logs,

3rd party plugs should be a lot better now, they are for me
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

nexus-6

Post by nexus-6 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:46 pm

well the new beta isent for live intro????
Nexus-6,Nexus-6-project

mrtunes

Post by mrtunes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:20 pm

i am doing this update because i had a problem with my last version of ableton 8 where the launchpad wouldn't play nicely with the nanoKontrol. maybe there is a setting that i have to check so the two can work in tandem?

also i cannot figure out for the life of me why every small incremental update is like 600 megs minimum and needs to update the library every time. it's not a very user friendly update system imo.

michaljesensky

Post by michaljesensky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:40 am

I am facing a different problem. I am owner of the PSP Neon HR equalizer and I can't use it in 8.1.1. as it is not visible in the Live insider browser, although the plugin is properly installed and placed in the proper VST folder on my drive (besides all other plugins) and the license is also on my iLok, registered and synchronized, all other iLok plugins including the PSP Xenon limiter are ok, visible. I've tried to open the 8.1 version when I still had it and there was no such a problem, Neon HR was visible. Well I though I need to unistall the older Live (8.1) version to make it work also in the actual (8.1.1.) so I did it, unfortunately it didn't fix the problem and sadly I don't have the 8.1 installer on my drive anymore, so I need to wait for the next update, hoping this will be fixed.
A comment to the crashes mentioned, yes, I need to admit that this 8.1.1 doesn't work best for me either, I use it Windows XP sp3 and a core 2 duo cpu with 4gb ram, and it crashed several times, the most from all versions i can remember, I am using Live since version 7.

Cheers
Michal

mrtunes

Post by mrtunes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:47 pm

mrtunes wrote:i am doing this update because i had a problem with my last version of ableton 8 where the launchpad wouldn't play nicely with the nanoKontrol. maybe there is a setting that i have to check so the two can work in tandem?
just to update on that problem i was having - it seems to be fixed in this update.

mr.adl

Post by mr.adl » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:56 pm

michaljesensky wrote:I am owner of the PSP Neon HR equalizer and I can't use it in 8.1.1. as it is not visible in the Live insider browser, although the plugin is properly installed and placed in the proper VST folder on my drive (besides all other plugins) and the license is also on my iLok, registered and synchronized, all other iLok plugins including the PSP Xenon limiter are ok, visible. I've tried to open the 8.1 version when I still had it and there was no such a problem, Neon HR was visible. Well I though I need to unistall the older Live (8.1) version to make it work also in the actual (8.1.1.) so I did it, unfortunately it didn't fix the problem and sadly I don't have the 8.1 installer on my drive anymore, so I need to wait for the next update, hoping this will be fixed.
A comment to the crashes mentioned, yes, I need to admit that this 8.1.1 doesn't work best for me either, I use it Windows XP sp3 and a core 2 duo cpu with 4gb ram, and it crashed several times, the most from all versions i can remember, I am using Live since version 7.

Cheers
Michal
I use the not HR version of the PSP Neon EQ and it works fine in Live 8.1.1 on my Win XP SP3 Dekstop and Laptop. I used the Serial btw. but for the HR version there is only iLok offered.

michaljesensky

Post by michaljesensky » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:02 pm

Yes, the Non-HR works, but I did not paid the extra money for the HR version for not be able to use it. Yes the HR version requires iLok, I have one and the license is uploaded and the key is synced. I wrote already to PSP, the are trying to replicate the issue, let's see. But as said it works under 8.1 but not under 8.1.1, which is strange but not impossible as I experienced :)

Parametex

Post by Parametex » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:21 am

Ableton,

your (our) method of beta-testing needs to be adjusted. Many users (including myself) who's help you dearly need are not having the willpower and time to install all the endless expiring beta versions. During the "quality"-perioid it would be smart move from your part to now and then roll out a official version (8.1.2 in this case) to get more people back to the testing circle.

Px

dj donnyman

Post by dj donnyman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:16 pm

So many changes with live 8. Just a little suggestion Ableton team, When you decide to announce the next version of live, please spend more time ironing out the bugs before official release. The amount of change logs with live 8 is bodering on ridiculous.