The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Khazul
Posts: 3185
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:19 pm
Location: Reading, UK

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by Khazul » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:05 am

The one I should be most proud of, actually Im not because it was a very rough hack thrown together in a couple of days and wasnt properly completed because of not taking note of what timezone the deadline was in - oh well - it still did ok :)

http://blackeyedpeas.dipdive.com/media/87288

The best one however is another remix Im working on at the moment that I cant post yet.
Nothing to see here - move along!

8O
Posts: 5502
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by 8O » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 pm

Playing at the Laptop Battle Berlin - see my youtube link in my signature. Even though I didn't win anything, hearing my own tunes on the massive club system for the first time and realising that it sounded fantastic :D and the audience feedback afterwards was reward enough for me.
Image

SubFunk
Posts: 7853
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:41 pm
Location: A Big Toilet Called Berlin
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by SubFunk » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:10 pm

probably the track 'ultimate hear' and my 'multiple personality disorder EP.' release...

and playing the craziest back to back for about 1 hour with dom @ the "verlebt in berlin" party, playing and mixing permanently 4 tracks at a time... (two tracks coming from each) like it was one track... that amazed even ourselves.
*** Image GAFM ***

slatepipe
Posts: 1940
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:10 pm
Location: stoke newington in london
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by slatepipe » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:11 pm

'necessary descriptive term for large item made of materials and sound'

i guess my big painting thing for my final degree show, took me about a year to get it all working proper - max msp and maxbotix distance sensors playing different song clips about distance and intimacy etc :

http://slatepipe.co.uk/index.php/video/

now its in bits in the attic

smartass303
Posts: 880
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by smartass303 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:28 pm

pepezabala wrote:I didn't finish tht much stuff, but we played a couple of great concerts. Biggest event was the sonar-Festival and it turned out great. We have a bunch of fotos on our website.

Funniest thing I made in a lot of time was doing this TV-feature about us, and we told the journalist that we have invented an artificial brain, and they believed it. It even got broadcasted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx6X9wOxJBQ
HAHA, die pfosten!
sometimes i think that the people at goethe institut are the most stupid drop outs of german cultural industry.

doh!

303

8O
Posts: 5502
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:29 am
Location: Berlin

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by 8O » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:32 pm

smartass303 wrote:
pepezabala wrote:I didn't finish tht much stuff, but we played a couple of great concerts. Biggest event was the sonar-Festival and it turned out great. We have a bunch of fotos on our website.

Funniest thing I made in a lot of time was doing this TV-feature about us, and we told the journalist that we have invented an artificial brain, and they believed it. It even got broadcasted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx6X9wOxJBQ
HAHA, die pfosten!
sometimes i think that the people at goethe institut are the most stupid drop outs of german cultural industry.

doh!

303
:lol: - that clip is hilarious! - :lol:
Image

the_antagonist
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:48 pm
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by the_antagonist » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:48 pm

I HART DIGITAL

its been non stop here. the only production i did recently was having a crack at the christmas ableton remix chalange where i realised that I suck at this musisioning.

Sage
Posts: 1102
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:16 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by Sage » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:50 pm

A recording I did with my cousin in my living room. Don't have a copy of it of it myself though.

My own stuff I'm most proud of from this year I'm still working on.

posssu
Posts: 1117
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:58 am

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by posssu » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:59 pm

monstrejumo wrote:Possu, your project is also SICK!!! as a french I really dig the concept, and it's a real joke to listen to!!!! funny moment while listening to seriously produced material!! cheeeers
Haha thanks!!! =) It was really much fun when doing it, too... Neither of us could speak French (well, maybe few words...)
Juhana Lehtiniemi - Film composer with Ableton Live

Sage
Posts: 1102
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:16 pm
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by Sage » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 pm

the_antagonist wrote:I HART DIGITAL

its been non stop here. the only production i did recently was having a crack at the christmas ableton remix chalange where i realised that I suck at this musisioning.
When the first stuff out? Enjoying what I've been hearing so far.

the_antagonist
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:48 pm
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by the_antagonist » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:32 pm

Sage wrote:
the_antagonist wrote:I HART DIGITAL

its been non stop here. the only production i did recently was having a crack at the christmas ableton remix chalange where i realised that I suck at this musisioning.
When the first stuff out? Enjoying what I've been hearing so far.
4th january (progressive house)
Simon Firth - Unknown Zone/Spaced

25th january (tech house n techno)
Nick Robson - 10 O' Clock People/3D/Drilling for Oil/Expansion

15th February (acid house n techno)
Night Orchestra - Lighthouse/Deep/New Environment

March (melodic techno)
Lybra - 5 tracks

about 3 or 4 other acts thats Im still waiting on contracts for.

anybody human
Posts: 1049
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by anybody human » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 pm

Some great stuff here. Thanks for posting, nice to hear new music.

This is the only thing I have finished other than an ambient-ish thing. This was the last track where I used guitar a lot. After I saw Fever Ray in Chicago I decided to go all electronic, which is the direction I was going in for a while. Thinking of calling it Make Ballet. The stuff I'm working on now is way different and could probably use the forum's thoughts more but if you have any thoughts on the mix that would be helpful.

http://soundcloud.com/anybodyhuman/prison

arachnaut
Posts: 951
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:58 pm
Location: Sunnyvale, CA USA
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by arachnaut » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 pm

An extreme effect processor set for Live 7 and Live 8.

DSP effects for distortion, dispersion, coagulation and constipation.

Not for the faint of heart, not for the CPU-deprived.

This will tax your system to the utmost. But the rewards...

The description is here:
http://www.arachnaut.net/audio/Overload/Effects.pdf

Download either:

http://www.arachnaut.net/audio/Overload ... _Live7.alp

or

http://www.arachnaut.net/audio/Overload ... _Live8.alp

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by friend_kami » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:48 pm

well. even though it is not at all the music i normally do (i usually do breakcore/idm/noise stuffs), we started a new 2 man band and made this from 0 to mastered and mixed in 6 months, all in live.

not sure how it sounds with monitors though hehe.
all native live devices too!
http://meplusyou.nwrecords.com/

but yeah. im more proud of my upcoming gbsr release i think but its not finished yet so it doesnt count :p

polyslax
Posts: 2402
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:22 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: The best production/work/thingy that you made in 2009

Post by polyslax » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:48 pm

8O wrote:Playing at the Laptop Battle Berlin - see my youtube link in my signature. Even though I didn't win anything, hearing my own tunes on the massive club system for the first time and realising that it sounded fantastic :D and the audience feedback afterwards was reward enough for me.
Sweet! You've got some fast fingers. :)
Image Image

Post Reply