Installing from 7 Suite to 8 regular + max 4 live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
db2

Installing from 7 Suite to 8 regular + max 4 live

Post by db2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:21 pm

Trying to figure out what the best route to go is. I was underwhelmed with many suite options in 7 suite, and I just want to upgrade the core application + max 4 live. Does the core application still come with new sounds, presets, etc? Should I d/l the upgrade to live 8, rather than suite?

Any advice is appreciated.

Dennis DeSantis

Re: Installing from 7 Suite to 8 regular + max 4 live

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:47 pm

Yes, there are many new presets that come with the core (non-Suite) Live 8. There are, of course, many more that come with Suite.

Also, much of the core Live 8 content uses the technology found in the Suite instruments, but embedded in Racks that can't be opened for editing unless you have a Suite license. So you're also getting a "taste" of the Suite stuff with the limitation that you can't tweak the parameters yourself.

Hope this helps,

db2

Post by db2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:58 pm

Whatup Dennis, This is David Bitterman (dbit) from Detroit. I believe our paths have crossed on several occassions. Anyhow, I just want to make sure that I'll still have all of my Live 7 suite content, so that nothing that I already own will be limited in any way.

Dennis DeSantis

Post by Dennis DeSantis » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi David,

You should still have all of your Suite 7 content after upgrading. The samples aren't replaced, so old Sets will still open. The Live 7 Basics pack is replaced with new Live 8 versions, but this shouldn't affect your work.

If you do find that something is missing, you can also install the Live 7 Legacy pack from here: http://www.ableton.com/livepacks

Best,