Ableton Live is the Best Application For.................

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
starving student

Ableton Live is the Best Application For.................

Post by starving student » Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:52 pm

Doing things to audio after you record, with it's routing, the drumslicer, follow actions and session view there is no other app that can compete or come close, not even NIs maschine. Perspective is everything and I'm talking about specifically after you've made your song and then going back to it and bending it to your many wills. Live is 'the' Magical Tape Recorder, once you understand that it won't matter where else you go or to what other app you will still want Live to be the last stop. I could give you Ideas that would make you love your worst tune and yes I can give you proof, but then after I did that I'd have to call John Gordon and trust me, you backward ass hippychick slugbucket knuckleheaded neander-bartholomews wouldn't want me to do that. If you don't believe me just ask the last lofty character who traversed down that loney dusty road :oops: oh wait a minute you can't because he got his ass kicked into the twilightzone and was never seen nor heard from again so I suggest you take my advice and dig deeper, I don't care how you do it the live manual comes in many different languages just read it as a matter of fact impress your friends (if John hasn't killed them already) learn a new language and read the damn thing again, or become a hiphop dj and go to your local thrift shops and dig through vinyL dollar bins until you come up with a Live manual or one of nick the zombies worthy tutorials, the point is to give John Gordon the holiday break he deserves and to save your own life you must dig deeper my friends, who knows you might even pull a Live manual out of your nose.

ok, I know some of you are thinkin 'hey man whats with all the bloodshed there's no need to bring John into this' and you're right we need to lightin up a little around here. I know you love it when I name drop, well I've got a granddaddy for ya you know Nicolas Cage right, yes that nicolas cage...actor extroidinaire,
well why do you think he gave up his world class acting career to become a dj? Isn't it obvious, Nicolas was on vacation in amsterdam when he was in a pharmacy filling one of his many prescriptions and he noticed a map on the back of one of his us dollar bills and he thought it was some elaborate hoax I mean who finds treasure maps on the back of dollar bills in this day and age but to make a long story short he and a couple of friends follow the maps clues and track down this supposed treasure which turned out not to be some stupid old luggage bin full of gold
coins but a full boxed copy of Ableton Live, Mr. Cage spent the final days of his vacation going through the tutorial lessons and said you know what forget acting, and we are all better off for it because now you can find DJ Cage on the world class after hours dancefloor circuit on any given night of the week pumpin out hot tunes and given that ole cut off filter knob the nicolas cage treatment we've all come to love since that fateful day in amsterdam,,....... And this could happen to you! oh and don't forget to check out his new mixtape comin out on motown records it's a collection of 17 previously remixed tracks, re-remixed and then remixed again back into their original arrangements and all done live on the fly. Don't miss it cause if you do you did

georgeblunt

Re: Ableton Live is the Best Application For.................

Post by georgeblunt » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:20 pm

I don't know what it was you took... but it didn't hurt your judgement. :D
Full ack.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:45 pm

I wonder what that was about. :?
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

kristian

Post by kristian » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:18 pm

starving student wrote: ... Don't miss it cause if you do you did
I did

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:21 pm

wtf :lol:
mdma yeoooo

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Put the Meth down and put the clothes back on ya mum.......... 8O
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Oh and the gun...........it goes back in the draw...
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:43 pm

and that little 8 year old girl.. she wasn't really a gnome.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm

you guys are crazy wtf you talkin about, stop bad moufin meth and stop bad moufin Live

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:48 pm

starving student wrote:you guys are crazy wtf you talkin about, stop bad moufin meth and stop bad moufin Live
LOL'd :lol:

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:52 pm

that's 2 classic quotes

Don't miss it cause if you do you did

and

Put the Meth down and put the clothes back on ya mum.......... 8O

Excellent!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

3phase

Post by 3phase » Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:10 am

ableton enables the simpleton to produce music

so the answer is.. Simpletons
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:06 am

3phase wrote:ableton enables the simpleton to produce music

so the answer is.. Simpletons
how much out of your 3gigs of ram did that take?

look Willis, Ableton live is so complex that you can only perceive the box it came in, the inner contents of the package are still a mystery to you.
you're outta phase maaaan

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:08 am

I'm going to do my laundry and you better not be here when I get back.