Why Macs are Sooooooo much better than Pcs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
davepermen

Re: Why Macs are Sooooooo much better than Pcs

Post by davepermen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:11 pm

Pasha wrote: Let's say that getting older and having used Linux since 2000 and you know what I mean, I was a little bit
tired of geekery and reading documents on the net about how to tweak Windows for music and the like...
So I buy myself a Mac. What satisfaction I got. Switch it on and play music. Nothing to tweak.
Plain out of the box.
amazing, so did i with EVERY of my windows boxes so far, and NEVER had any problem.. :)
Moreover when you want to go serious fire a Terminal and Unix it's there
with its powerful commands in the shell reminding me of my Linux days.. which I still use in a VM
My Linux apps works via Apple X11 (Gimp/Open Office and many others)....
I forgot no registry... only plain text files. Unix. Beauty.
who knows unix obviously has some nice things in a macosx, being unixbased.
then again, i prefer the registry, being a typed environment, unlike textfiles, where you have to make sure you know exactly how it works, each one being different. exagerating, sure, but then again, people bash the registry for tons of things which aren't true since this millenium.
You can do it with Windows as well but I'm tired of taking care of my PC. I'm not a nanny. 8)
I'm someone with less time that needed to make music, Apple & Live put the focus back to what I like:
switch it on and make music and enjoy. Make it Apple or Windows but make music! :D
well, i switch mine on, open live, and make music (and installation of windows7+live took around 15-20minutes and i was making music with my new system.. a clean installed machine, that is..)

- Best
- Pasha
best to you, too. i don't have a problem with anyone liking mac, or linux, or unix. but windows evolved massively. it works great, out of the box, and delivers the same quality than any other os of today. i'd say, thanks to being the biggest attack vector for about anything (jokes, virues, bugs from other software or driver), it's actually the most polished and stable one of all of these.
osx, as it is right now, would not survive suddenly having 20x as much consumers, 90% or more from these being the most stupid users possible: ordinary consumers. viruses of all kind would spread, stability would go down, people would mess it up. just like they would do with about anything :)

just don't bash windows for stuff that just isn't true. it was true, yes. but they grew older, too.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:14 pm

+1 About the Mac user base especially the geeks.
Once I was in a shop and I opened the terminal to test how they implement the rsync program.
You could imagine the face of the 'Geek'. It was white as a zombie.

+1 About my feelings regarding Windows, they might be too much 2006ish.
@Work I participated into a Vista evaluation Team. We're still on XP
and probably get to W7 in the future. However like every one I was
talking about my personal experience not bashing Windows as a whole.
I'm always ready to switch back if I have reasons to do so. 8O

However when I was on XP I was a regular user of http://www.musicxp.net/dnn/
and the existence of such sites for W7 http://www.windows7daw.com/ (still on build phase)
or the 'Core Parking' problem in Sonar http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=1852473&mpage=1
happening in W7 and not in Vista makes me think that whatever happens outside there
I will stay cozy and warm with my Leopard 10.5.6, my iMac and my Live Suite 8.0.8,
stable as a rock always ready to amuse me, for a long, long time, until the end of
Applecare at least... :mrgreen:
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:30 am

Let's face it.

80% of the LIVE 8 SUCKS threads are written by PC users who don't know fuck all about their machines, but think they do because they bought a PC instead of a Mac, and have jerry rigged the ever loving shit out of their machines into God Fucking Knows what, lol.

These twats, with their machines barely clinging to life and their 185 VSTs running full bore on their 80 track Live8 project, then have the balls to bitch about Live 8's stability.

lol.

Fuckwits. They shoulda bought a Mac.

:P
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 am

Macs are designed so that even a moron can use one. that's it.

my custom built PC that cost 1/4 of a Mac is probably 2-3 times faster. You can't even OC a Mac. what a joke...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:09 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:Let's face it.

80% of the LIVE 8 SUCKS threads are written by PC users who don't know fuck all about their machines, but think they do because they bought a PC instead of a Mac, and have jerry rigged the ever loving shit out of their machines into God Fucking Knows what, lol.

These twats, with their machines barely clinging to life and their 185 VSTs running full bore on their 80 track Live8 project, then have the balls to bitch about Live 8's stability.

lol.

bullshit.

I'm the annoying "works fine on my machine" and I use a four year old PC.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:13 am

Tone Deft wrote:

lol.

bullshit.

I'm the annoying "works fine on my machine" and I use a four year old PC.
:lol:

I am curious about the 50% or so of the fellow engineers you work with using Macs at home. Did they buy them for their wives? :P

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:23 am

Imaulle wrote:Macs are designed so that even a moron can use one. that's it.

my custom built PC that cost 1/4 of a Mac is probably 2-3 times faster. You can't even OC a Mac. what a joke...
[RAGE]

I really want a Mac fanboy to reply to this. I've had it with them this week. lol.

my i7 920 runs at 4.6 ghz on air and I've hit 5.4 ghz on water. Can a Mac come close to that? NO. SO A MAC IS NOT MORE POWERFUL THEN A PC. EAT SHIT. faggot

[/RAGE]

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:26 am

Imaulle wrote:

[RAGE]

I really want a Mac fanboy to reply to this. I've had it with them this week. lol.

my i7 920 runs at 4.6 ghz on air and I've hit 5.4 ghz on water. Can a Mac come close to that? NO. SO A MAC IS NOT MORE POWERFUL THEN A PC. EAT SHIT. faggot

[/RAGE]
:lol:

it's just boys and their toys. if this was a different forum we'd be arguing about Ford vs. Chevy, 4 stroke vs 2 stroke, it's what guys do and probably why womens avoid this forum.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 am

Imaulle wrote:

[RAGE]

[/RAGE]

We can't reply right now. We're getting our nails done. Back soon, though. :!:

Cool Character

Post by Cool Character » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:39 am

lol.

Does Live 8 even WORK AT ALL on mac yet?
8)

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:10 am

I'll have all of you killed.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:13 am

lmfao for real

DO IT!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 am

COME ON MAC FANBOYS WHERE ARE YOU ????????????????????

B-S

Post by B-S » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:01 am

Music producers who cant admin their computer and buying MAC for reasons like: "My Live changes to a real insturment on MAc", or "My Mac cant never had a virus", "My Mac is more powerfull even the specs are same as in PC" is beyond me.

you guys sucks, and your wifes sucks twice :D

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:12 am

Imaulle wrote:COME ON MAC FANBOYS WHERE ARE YOU ????????????????????
.. They're all waiting for 27th January for iTablet announcement. :mrgreen:
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers