Pre-lineup for Apple iTablet haters

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
LoopStationZebra

Re: Pre-lineup for Apple iTablet haters

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 am

McQ714 wrote: I'm pretty sure that man de-evolved from the ape.

fxd. lol
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Cool Character

Post by Cool Character » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:35 am

Sleep Tyght wrote:KVR
KVR, against spending unhealthy amounts of money??
I mean, it's not gearslutz, and they do hate Waves. But, really?

adventurepants_

Post by adventurepants_ » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:26 am

smutek wrote:
McQ714 wrote:If they are that good, why is their entire campaign aimed at just attempting to make everything Microsoft does look bad?
Why do skinny kids call fat kids names like "fat ass".

Usually because they are fat asses.

The advertising is effective, it targets the hordes of people that perceive, rightly or not, Microsoft as being for the most part shit, it raises brand awareness and it brings in sales.

Why else?

I'm just wondering, why can't microsoft develop an effective ad campaign to counter or compete? They haven't even come close to creating anything even remotely memorable in terms of an ad campaign.

They are like the fat kid that gets picked on, comes up with the occasional lame retort, but for the most part just sits there looking fat and stupid while getting pelted with insults and chocolate eclairs.

Fark it. I prefer the mac and I dislike windows but I use both. Widows by day at work, Mac at home on nights and weekends.
Why does a company with about 94% market share need to worry about memorable ad campaigns?

Their ads are lame though. Never understood why they thought having Jerry Seinfeld as a spokesman was a good idea when he is a famous mac user. Duuummmmb.
nathannn wrote:i will block everyone on this forum if i have to.

Imaulle

Post by Imaulle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:23 am

this made me laugh really hard.
beats me wrote:Haters of anything that costs more than you can afford and therefore the price is unjustifiable.
Please, keep giving all your money to Apple. They truly deserve it you fucking moron.

anybody human

Post by anybody human » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:32 am

McQ714 wrote:
anybody human wrote:Ok you're right about the minutia but in the popular imagination they did. They created the market for personal computers, the idea that a person would or could have one. That's the important change and they made it happen. But that's no big deal according to you. Actually, that's a good enough reason to hate anyone who ever bought or talked about their products. That of the implication of your statements.

Who's ego? You're the one throwing around "you fanboys suck". That sounds like a judgement that you're better than me. I'm discussing a fascinating inventions, my bad. You know the facts, I'm an uninformed fanboy, I suck. Bill Gates rules, Steve Jobs is a talentless hack. Happy?

No.. but according to Apple and Justin Long, I never will be so long as I keep using Windows... right?!?!

My question to you as an appreciater of Apple products and innovation... If they are that good, why is their entire campaign aimed at just attempting to make everything Microsoft does look bad? Why not tell us what's so great about the products instead of playing a song and having shadow people dance around? Tell us why we should spend more money to get less powerful and slightly older technology than is available to the PC users.

These, among other reasons, are why I don't like Apple and won't use their products. There is no value to me in what they deem as advantages over Windows.
I don't produce Apple's advertising, but that is a ridiculous argument and has nothing to do with anything. But since you brought it up, they are reinforcing a meme, not creating one. That's why the adds are effective, they capitalize on a stereotype (rightly or wrongly). Otherwise it would be just another add, "we get better gas milage than the other leading pickup truck". Apparently you guys are saying I'm a lower form of life because I bought a cool gadget. Nice. I didn't know owning an Apple device was reason for prejudgement of a person, that's one harmless but pathetic prejudice. Fascinating.

I look around my apartment- I've got Fender Guitars, Moog pedals, shoes, jeans, food in the fridge, car keys, but the thing that I use most is my iPhone. I read the paper every morning on it, talk to my sister on it, read the forum on it, order take out on it, listen to music on it, listen to podcasts on it- I use it all day, every day. I'm glad it was invented. Most people are, including their competitors and content creators who will expand on the concept for years to come.

The tablet isn't important because you somehow got the impression that the brand of computer you own determines your dick size. The tablet is interesting because it could change media, or it won't. Have fun bashing people. This is pointless. I posted links to 2 short articles with differing views on the tablet in a 3 different threads, by David Carr of the NYT and Jack Shafer of Slate Magazine- not one comment, no one even read the articles. The kind of things I want to learn about and discuss are not welcome here.

Carry on whinging gentlemen.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Imaulle wrote:this made me laugh really hard.
beats me wrote:Haters of anything that costs more than you can afford and therefore the price is unjustifiable.
Please, keep giving all your money to Apple. They truly deserve it you fucking moron.
If a company makes multiple products that you use on a daily basis that work well for you, how does that make you a fucking moron? That's sounding like a homeless person shouting "keep paying rent, you idiots!" from his cardboard box.

Unless of course those companies are the tabacco or alcohol industries. Then I'm right there with you, and I am and have been that fucking moron.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Let me solidify my status as the ultimate and daily Apple user here.

MBP - for my main music, internet, and whatever else computer.

iPhone - for my calls (duh), instant portable entertainment, and all my contact and calender information which syncs with my computer so if one or the other gets lost or crashes I will always have a digital backup of all that information that I only had to enter on one device.

iPod - for listening to music and podcasts at work or while I drive all over the vastness that is The Bay Area including my 45 minute one way commute to and from work. Yes, I also have an iPhone but the drive capacity on those is too small to fit my whole collection and I don't want to pick and choose.

Time Capsule - for my wireless internet and wireless 500 gigs of storage which my roommate can also access from his PC.

Apple TV - on the TV in my bedroom to watch my huge collection of movies and TV shows and I can also buy more music, TV shows, and movies directly from it. I can also rent movies from it and it's all perfectly synced to my MBP.

Mac Mini - in the living room hooked up to a projector with EyeTV for streaming cable TV and iTunes for stored media. Most importantly all iTunes libraries between my MBP, Mini, and my roommate's PC are accessible to each. If my roommate wants to listen to a DJ set in the living room that he has on his bedroom PC it can be streamed to the Mini in the living room and if he wants to watch a TV show in his bedroom that's on the Mini he can do that too. We never have to burn CDs or DVDs or plug in portable devices in different rooms. All media is instantly accessible in every room of the apartment regardless of which computer it's stored on.

So if anybody wants to be pissed off that Apple managed to make my life one big ball of synced instant convenience then go ahead. I'm pretty damn content and entertained.

Bring on the iTablet for more of the same.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
ethios4 wrote:The Bible is like a Mac....it just works!
I puked in my mouth.

both turn people into assholes.
both make people force their own tastes onto others.

neither are things I care about.

blech, I need a beverage to wash the digested pizza taste away.
:D Wow, I had pizza yesterday too! See how connected we are? Now let me tell you about a personal friend of mine, Steve "The Annointed One" Jobs....

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:34 pm

anybody human wrote:Here's a couple articles that have gotten a lot of attention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/busin ... technology
by David Carr. Quote: "There hasn’t been this much hype about a tablet since Moses came down from the mountain." He thinks it has potential in terms of bringing back the visual aspect that magazines had (photography etc.)

Slate's Jack Shafer is skeptical about the impact they would have.
http://www.slate.com/id/2239557/
I really liked the tablets in Avatar...if the "iSlate" is anything like that it would be pretty exciting. The price is the main thing I don't like. I mean, how many computers does a person need? You've got your desktop/laptop, your iphone, your ipod, and your gaming system....is there room for another mini-computer? Is the difference between an iSlate and a touch-screen laptop that much? I don't know... I think the market for people willing to shell out $800-$1000 for another content delivery device might be quite a bit smaller than the computer/iphone/ipod market.

Personally I really love books. I like the feel of paper. I like having a wall of books with millions of pages. Any tablet would have to be very extraordinary to get me away from that.

Then again, Apple is known for that sort of thing...

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:52 pm

ethios4 wrote:
anybody human wrote:Here's a couple articles that have gotten a lot of attention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/04/busin ... technology
by David Carr. Quote: "There hasn’t been this much hype about a tablet since Moses came down from the mountain." He thinks it has potential in terms of bringing back the visual aspect that magazines had (photography etc.)

Slate's Jack Shafer is skeptical about the impact they would have.
http://www.slate.com/id/2239557/
I really liked the tablets in Avatar...if the "iSlate" is anything like that it would be pretty exciting. The price is the main thing I don't like. I mean, how many computers does a person need? You've got your desktop/laptop, your iphone, your ipod, and your gaming system....is there room for another mini-computer? Is the difference between an iSlate and a touch-screen laptop that much? I don't know... I think the market for people willing to shell out $800-$1000 for another content delivery device might be quite a bit smaller than the computer/iphone/ipod market.

Personally I really love books. I like the feel of paper. I like having a wall of books with millions of pages. Any tablet would have to be very extraordinary to get me away from that.

Then again, Apple is known for that sort of thing...
I used to like having a wall of CDs, DVDs, or software boxes but then I realized nobody else really cares or is impressed and all they were doing is cluttering up a room.

As I stated above I have an irresponsible amount of Apple products but I get plenty of use out of every gem. Since this thing hasn't been released yet it's really hard for anybody to see exactly why they have to add this to their arsenal. But other than Apple's straight computers they always put unique things in each device that eventually makes it a must have for a lot of people. It's never a matter of "it can't….." but what it can do that most people don't think of until they see it in use.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:56 pm

ethios4 wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:
ethios4 wrote:The Bible is like a Mac....it just works!
I puked in my mouth.

both turn people into assholes.
both make people force their own tastes onto others.

neither are things I care about.

blech, I need a beverage to wash the digested pizza taste away.
:D Wow, I had pizza yesterday too! See how connected we are? Now let me tell you about a personal friend of mine, Steve "The Annointed One" Jobs....
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:26 am

unless you can produce evidence that i said you had a small dick because you use a Mac, then it never happened. and don't try to add quote in some other message i wrote, because i know it never happened.

Mac fanboys don't suck because they use the product, they suck because they buy into the bullshit that Jobs and the ads are feeding them. and then make a point of trying to preach to everyone why Apple's 150% markup on the hardware was worth it.

before you open your mouth again, i suggest you go to the computer store and actually spend some time on a windows 7 pc and maybe then you will realize that they run great. i would think that the Live 8 performance thread would've proved that to you by now. and then you can go home and tell your significant other that you are an idiot for thinking the extra $1000 was better spent on a computer than put in a savings account.

of course, if you are an artist that has a gig every night and sells millions from your material, by all means, waste your money on a Mac... to keep in touch with your fans and keep the "artist" image alive.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:32 am

someone's a little too sensitive about having a tiny pee pee. not gonna say who, but...
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Cool Character

Post by Cool Character » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:19 am

beats me wrote:
Imaulle wrote:this made me laugh really hard.
If a company makes multiple products that you WAAAHHHHHHHHH
:lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:21 am

McQ714 wrote:unless you can produce evidence that i said you had a small dick because you use a Mac, then it never happened. and don't try to add quote in some other message i wrote, because i know it never happened.

Mac fanboys don't suck because they use the product, they suck because they buy into the bullshit that Jobs and the ads are feeding them. and then make a point of trying to preach to everyone why Apple's 150% markup on the hardware was worth it.

before you open your mouth again, i suggest you go to the computer store and actually spend some time on a windows 7 pc and maybe then you will realize that they run great. i would think that the Live 8 performance thread would've proved that to you by now. and then you can go home and tell your significant other that you are an idiot for thinking the extra $1000 was better spent on a computer than put in a savings account.

of course, if you are an artist that has a gig every night and sells millions from your material, by all means, waste your money on a Mac... to keep in touch with your fans and keep the "artist" image alive.
I sense a lot of anger there.

(Apple users only have to fire off one-liners to fuel the predictable PC fanatic's long winded tirades)