Would you be interested In

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
JuanSOLO

Re: Would you be interested In

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:38 am

Do you have a guitar amp and Microphone for recording guitar?

You need to look at the Ableton help view. Look for audio hardware, read through that, and pay special attention to using the test tone to set your buffer size.

Have you watched the movie and read the documentation on recording in live?

There are a few ways to help you record guitar, but you need to answer these questions first.

Too small a buffer size for your computers capabilities will make recording sound terrible. So it needs to be adjusted properly.

If you are not recording with an amp and mic, your only alternatives are a better sound card, (one that supports direct monitoring, and has preamps maybe?) or just to do the best you can with the latency issue causing a delay.

Personally I do not use latency compensation. I just grab the entire recording and move it where I think it belongs.
If I am recording guitar I have headphones on with one earphone pulled off so I can hear the Amp and one on to hear the track I am recording to.

If I had no amp and I was plugging directly into the computer I would just do the best I could. Utilizing some of Abletons, compressors and tube a emulators, eq, etc.

fear124

Re: Would you be interested In

Post by fear124 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:38 am

JuanSOLO wrote:Do you have a guitar amp and Microphone for recording guitar?

You need to look at the Ableton help view. Look for audio hardware, read through that, and pay special attention to using the test tone to set your buffer size.

Have you watched the movie and read the documentation on recording in live?

There are a few ways to help you record guitar, but you need to answer these questions first.

Too small a buffer size for your computers capabilities will make recording sound terrible. So it needs to be adjusted properly.

If you are not recording with an amp and mic, your only alternatives are a better sound card, (one that supports direct monitoring, and has preamps maybe?) or just to do the best you can with the latency issue causing a delay.

Personally I do not use latency compensation. I just grab the entire recording and move it where I think it belongs.
If I am recording guitar I have headphones on with one earphone pulled off so I can hear the Amp and one on to hear the track I am recording to.

If I had no amp and I was plugging directly into the computer I would just do the best I could. Utilizing some of Abletons, compressors and tube a emulators, eq, etc.
What i was trying to do just recently is connect my amp that i have i have a peavey vypyr with the usb cord, but it jsut does not want to connect, so i gave up on that. And this is pretty much what i am doing. If I had no amp and I was plugging directly into the computer I would just do the best I could. Utilizing some of Abletons, compressors and tube a emulators, eq, etc.
I tried putting in a headphones and listening to the guitar at the same time but it does nto work at all.