NAMM 2010 - Any Rumors?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
domwave

Re: NAMM 2010 - Any Rumors?

Post by domwave » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:04 am

guys,
don't know if you've heard this but silver apples released "the owl"

some kind of a uber wobble "thing".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u647s9mi ... re=related

pssst! :wink:
_

money rules!..dumphead

_

v00d00ppl

Post by v00d00ppl » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:15 am

McQ714 wrote:^ that would actually make some sense, but i think you would still need the usb and editor capability.

would you give up usb and editor capabilities for full potentiometer control?

i do have this large hunch that dave smith will release a machine with a chassis similar to the bass station keyboard. Or he might follow the idea of the x station 25 chassis

Hervé

Post by Hervé » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:29 am

henke wrote:
MacGuffin wrote:holy shit! that jomox drum synth looks very interesting! me wants!
Hmmm. Why on earth would you want something that has one single voice, and cannot do anything you could with ease achieve with Operator -> EQ 8 -> Saturator ??? With an nearly infinite number of voices, with clip envelopes, with additional FX with.. ... .. In Live everyone is complaining if something has a latency of 1 Sample, here we talking MIDI, which means several ms of unpredictable jitter. Why would you want a LED 7 Segment 3 digit interface if you could instead type in the frequency of the first resonance as 35.7Hz in EQ8...

Jürgen Michaelis is a nice guy, and a good engineer,too but I wish he would come up with something more exciting!

/rant end.
cheap analog box is the new market, hardware is unvaluable, it's no plastic, i can touch it, unpredictable jitter can add a touch of groove... :P

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:41 am

4 channel Rane mixer w/ built in SL3 to compete w/ DJM 800.. also the collab between ableton and serato seems to be a plug-in of some sort that resides within Serato which will dictate the BPM for Ableton.. as far as other integration between the two apps, we'll find out thursday but that's the gossip in the serato forums... supposedly is from a ableton employee..

also, gonna go out on a limb and say they are going to release extenders for the APC, kinda like the mackie extenders.. more buttons and faders.. after all, those side wings aren't for aerodynamics..

greenscreens

Post by greenscreens » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 am

v00d00ppl wrote:dave smith tetra keyboard......25 key

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsayCi8DDIs

i know that DSI is coming out with a Pot version of the prophet 08 desktop module

Shillelagh Law

Post by Shillelagh Law » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:36 pm

nuxnamon wrote:also, gonna go out on a limb and say they are going to release extenders for the APC, kinda like the mackie extenders.. more buttons and faders.. after all, those side wings aren't for aerodynamics..
I seriously doubt it. Probably just a manufacturing quirk. I've seen those wings on plenty of devices, such as the BCR2k
Anyone who responds to this message is a stalker. That's the law.

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:15 pm

henke wrote:
MacGuffin wrote:holy shit! that jomox drum synth looks very interesting! me wants!
Hmmm. Why on earth would you want something that has one single voice, and cannot do anything you could with ease achieve with Operator -> EQ 8 -> Saturator ??? With an nearly infinite number of voices, with clip envelopes, with additional FX with.. ... .. In Live everyone is complaining if something has a latency of 1 Sample, here we talking MIDI, which means several ms of unpredictable jitter. Why would you want a LED 7 Segment 3 digit interface if you could instead type in the frequency of the first resonance as 35.7Hz in EQ8...

Jürgen Michaelis is a nice guy, and a good engineer,too but I wish he would come up with something more exciting!

/rant end.

Because I already use Operator too much :D

I understand your points, though, I just like the idea of a dedicated analog drum synth. For the midi, it doesn't matter as I would sample the sounds from the hardware, layer them and process them in drum racks.
To me, a product like this is way more interesting (and cheaper) than a full jomox drum machine because I would not use the internal sequencer or multiple outputs, I'd rather use drum racks and keep my routing options open.

I love Operator and Live's tools, I have no complaints whatsoever about 1 sample latency. I just like to vary my sound sources. Sometimes DSP, sometimes analog gear, sometimes a good old mic+preamp.

Shillelagh Law

Post by Shillelagh Law » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:23 pm

@henke
I'm guessing it has alot to do with expectations. People expect several ms of midi jitter with MIDI. People expect sample accuracy in the computer realm. People expect jomox boxes to 'just work' , people expect ableton live to 'unexpectedly' crash. at least until you've been selling it for roughly a year.

oh ya, and we all expect you to put the bugginess of Live in to perspective by repeatedly telling us about the 70s and how people used tape once upon a time. That red herring gets tastier and tastier!

necho

Post by necho » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:38 pm

digitalgeist wrote:Access has been mentioning on their site they have some amazing new update to the TI series ready to go and posted an mp3 demo.

http://www.access-music.de
Hmmm - I bet involves hiking the prices by another 300 quid. :(
_________
sigs suck.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:53 pm

john gordon wrote:who is this robert henke guy?he comes on to our forum thinking he knows something about software and hardware....im calling his bluff..just another troll.
HAHA. :D
? ? ? ? ?

HiEnergy

Post by HiEnergy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Dieses Video ist in Deinem Land nicht verfügbar.
This video is not available in your country.

DRM SUCKS!!!

marqs

Post by marqs » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 pm

Serato Ableton collab soon to be unveiled: http://www.ableton-serato.com/

THE BRIDGE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn4azy4FXBY

:P
Last edited by marqs on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live 8.2.5.b1
Macbook Pro 13": 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, WD Scorpio Black 500GB (7200rpm/16MB), WD Scorpio Black 320GB (7200rpm/16MB) via OWC On-The-Go Pro (FW 800), Mac OS X Lion 10.7, Apogee DUET 2, Serato Scratch Live (SL1)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:24 pm

Shillelagh Law wrote:@henke
I'm guessing it has alot to do with expectations. People expect several ms of midi jitter with MIDI. People expect sample accuracy in the computer realm. People expect jomox boxes to 'just work' , people expect ableton live to 'unexpectedly' crash. at least until you've been selling it for roughly a year.

oh ya, and we all expect you to put the bugginess of Live in to perspective by repeatedly telling us about the 70s and how people used tape once upon a time. That red herring gets tastier and tastier!

which nick were you using before Jan 04 2010?

Shillelagh Law

Post by Shillelagh Law » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:31 pm

'Sweet_Hot_Chilli_Sauce_06' ... but I'd like to take this opportunity to inform you that you are categorically the most UNfunny individual on the internet. second to none. keeping reaching for those stars baby.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:43 pm

thanks. that means a lot coming from someone who can't even keep the same identity for longer than a few weeks and whose posts leave a trail of obvious ill will towards the very place they keep coming back to. kinda like a snail thats pissed about its shell.

keep hiding. it suits you.