Novation Launchpad troubles...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
zachislouder

Novation Launchpad troubles...

Post by zachislouder » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:57 pm

Hello music fans,

I have just bought the Launchpad, and it looks very cool. However, I can only really use it properly in the Ableton Launchpad Edition, and this is very limiting. I have tried to use it with my original version of Ableton (8.0.1), but it does not seem to work the same way. Is this because my version is too old? Can I update it for free?

If I simply have to wait to be able to afford a newer version, does anyone have any tips for using it with my version?

Thanks,

ZiL

smartass303

Re: Novation Launchpad troubles...

Post by smartass303 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm

8.0.1. mmmmh...
do you have it from magesy?

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:26 pm

AFAIK you need 8.0.9. to run Launchpad.

If you are a legitimate registered user, you can upgrade to the latest version of Live for free, this will allow you to run both Launchpad and the optional M4L.

Otherwise, stick with your 'Launchpad Edition' of Live and be thankful that you haven't been sued for running non-legitimate, torrented software.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm

I'd like to know the answer as well, I use an earlier version of live 8 for stability reasons and I don't want to run the latest version of live, what is the solution for those of us with a launchpad. and I own my live 8 license

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm

starving student wrote:I'd like to know the answer as well, I use an earlier version of live 8 for stability reasons and I don't want to run the latest version of live, what is the solution for those of us with a launchpad. and I own my live 8 license
Search for which version you want on Google, should be somewhere to download. Nothing dodgy as it'll just be what Ableton allow you to download and run as a demo, as I own a Live 8 license...

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:12 am

Sage wrote:
starving student wrote:I'd like to know the answer as well, I use an earlier version of live 8 for stability reasons and I don't want to run the latest version of live, what is the solution for those of us with a launchpad. and I own my live 8 license
Search for which version you want on Google, should be somewhere to download. Nothing dodgy as it'll just be what Ableton allow you to download and run as a demo, as I own a Live 8 license...
I think there's a misunderstanding, I have the latest Live 8 already, and I also have the version of live 8 that I want to run, I think the op question was regarding getting launchpad to work on versions of live that came prior to 8.09

FLaKes

Post by FLaKes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:23 am

It does not work on any live version prior to 8.09