Damn... and damn!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
willdahbe

Damn... and damn!!!!!

Post by willdahbe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:02 am

this track is killing it for me right now!!!

http://www.myspace.com/pokaremixproject ... d=61916773

It's the track - somebody who loves me (pumped up remix)

anachroschism

Re: Damn... and damn!!!!!

Post by anachroschism » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

Love it! his other stuff is good too, got the download from his soundcloud.

grew up on house moving into space disco, trying to find a unique sound and this kind of stuff helps, might try some edits like his.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:46 am

doesn't anyone else find genres weird? its like yes i work in french house and do everything i can to sound like Daft punk and Cassius...I'm not dissing it, i just find the whole wanting to sound like somebody else who did it first thing a bit...well odd.

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:49 am

Emissary wrote:doesn't anyone else find genres weird? its like yes i work in french house and do everything i can to sound like Daft punk and Cassius...I'm not dissing it, i just find the whole wanting to sound like somebody else who did it first thing a bit...well odd.
Sheep and shepherds...

But hey, people should do what they enjoy.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:53 am

Emissary wrote:doesn't anyone else find genres weird? its like yes i work in french house and do everything i can to sound like Daft punk and Cassius...I'm not dissing it, i just find the whole wanting to sound like somebody else who did it first thing a bit...well odd.
+1

well, odd is nicely expressed, basically you know what you can think of those characters.
*** Image GAFM ***

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 pm

"Wow, nice house track!! This is bumping!!"

"You idiot! This is FRENCH house!!!"

Trenchcoat wearing man intervenes, flashing a credential: "No, I am sorry, Monsieur Emissairee, but your track, although eet eez zee good House, eet eez-- how you say?--- not quite ze French House. You have failed."

*cut to scene of Emissary, notebook backpack slung over shoulder, dejectedly descending the stairs of the Centre Maison d'House Francaise. A grey sky, a cold drizzle beads his face as he looks back over his shoulder and murmurs...*

"You bastards. I'll be back, just see...."
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 pm

How about the best Daft Punk song ever that isn't a Daft Punk song, Music Sounds Better With You? How'd you like to be a one hit wonder and you don't even get the credit for it?

drako

Post by drako » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:21 pm

Well isn't these days all music copycatted stuff?...Long time that i really heard something original.

BTW daftpunk also a lil ripoff of old stuff. (who remember pal joey)or drewsky (steve pointdexter)who used chopped up disco samples with a house beat. wayyyyyyyyy before daftpunk or cassius. (talking 1989 here)

willdahbe

Post by willdahbe » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 pm

Sorry everyone, didn't mean to start a genre battle. I just thought the track was good, was pretty drunk last night too so it was extra rockin'...