* Double notes *

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
junqueira

* Double notes *

Post by junqueira » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:48 pm

When I'm recording midi notes in Ableton, I always get random double notes in the middle of my recording (it will record a really short midi note in front of the note I intended to record). I use a PCR 800 midi controller, Windows 7 and Ableton 8.

Has anyone experienced this? Or does anyone know why this is happening?

thanks!

3phase

Re: * Double notes *

Post by 3phase » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:08 pm

yeah.. often..allmost all the time never evaluated it thou because i stopped using midi with ableton a while ago most likely is that the midi data is feed back to your keyboard and triggerd there again.. but why are the notes than so short ? maybe an ableton special how to handle doubled note information?
also possible that your masterkeyboard send on two channels.. maybe try to select only one channel in the input...
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:28 pm

I'm pretty sure my keyboard is only sending midi through channel 1. Also, I do experience some frozen notes when I'm using my rack

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:07 am

does anyone else have suggestions for this problem?

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:58 pm

Are you recording into a loop? If so it might be because you played the same note - but slightly earlier - on a previous pass. Otherwise I suspect it is the MIDI interface or more likely the keyboard at fault.

I often get short "wrong" notes in my performances on the keyboard, but I always put it down to fluffed playing on my part.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

junqueira

Post by junqueira » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:48 pm

I am recording a loop, but it's not because I overdubbed it. It happens on the first time through. I am using a PCR 800 and an Echo Mia Midi

PrynceAl

Post by PrynceAl » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Wusup man I am using a PCR 800 via USB w/ Live 8.0.4, and i seem to be getting double action from the transport buttons on the PCR, I know its not double notes but I feel your pain.

After mapping the transport buttons, when I press the record button for example it activate and deactivates immediately as if it is just a momentary contact button, but when I hold the record button down the global record stays active until I release the button. It is basically acting like I am pushing the button twice same with the "play" transport button.
I know you need some answers to ur issue too but I just wanted put this out there hoping somebody can give some insight, Other than that the PCR is cool.

Frank003

Post by Frank003 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 pm

I use to have the same 'Double Note' issue until I upgraded to 8.1.3. Maybe you should consider upgrading.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:43 pm

PrynceAl wrote:Wusup man I am using a PCR 800 via USB w/ Live 8.0.4, and i seem to be getting double action from the transport buttons on the PCR, I know its not double notes but I feel your pain.

After mapping the transport buttons, when I press the record button for example it activate and deactivates immediately as if it is just a momentary contact button, but when I hold the record button down the global record stays active until I release the button. It is basically acting like I am pushing the button twice same with the "play" transport button.
I know you need some answers to ur issue too but I just wanted put this out there hoping somebody can give some insight, Other than that the PCR is cool.
could this be because you've inadvertently mapped the transport button twice? you can see the MIDI mappings in Live's browser. Perhaps that value is duplicated and the second entry needs to be deleted...

Hell, maybe thats the case with the OP's for that matter, but yours seems like an add on, while his seems to be more glitch factor.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

PrynceAl

Post by PrynceAl » Sat May 01, 2010 5:36 am

That sounds very logic and I have to couble check that but I am almost sure I didn't assign them twice but like I said I gotta double check. That crap is aggravating cuz all my other midi units with transport don't have that issue.

PrynceAl

Post by PrynceAl » Sun May 02, 2010 4:52 pm

I figured out my prob w/ the PCR 800 you have to set the behaivor the transport buttons(latch, unlatch, increase) that sux penis, I ain got time for any extra programming especially if its internal to the unit...its goin back for sure...MPK61 or Axiom61?

jujupython

Post by jujupython » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:25 pm

EXT button (top left corner) may b the answer

RafaTheBaker

Post by RafaTheBaker » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:00 pm

same thing happens to me double notes. one small and then the regular one for each midi note recorded

PupmaTz

Post by PupmaTz » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:51 pm

Did anyone find a solution for this? Got the same issue now.....

Mechanical Breaks

Post by Mechanical Breaks » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:19 pm

PupmaTz wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:51 pm
Did anyone find a solution for this? Got the same issue now.....
I found the solution
First go to Options and turn on "Reduced Latency when monitoring"
Then go to Edit tab and at the bottom click "Record Quantization"
Change to something that works better. I turned it off, but it was originally set to 32nd notes
Changing both settings cleared it right up