any Namm news on korg out there?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
continuous

Re: any Namm news on korg out there?

Post by continuous » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:45 pm

damn.... my kp3 just got outshined.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:30 pm

nice

chis

Post by chis » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:48 pm

No Electribe ESX update? :( All Korg need to do is this:

- Make the effects and envelopes a little more configurable.
- Have two assignable LFOs per part.
- As many samples as the RAM will fit, no abritrary 255 sample limit.
- SDHC card slot.
- 12-16 parts that can be ANYTHING: single mono OR stereo sample (drums), chromatic sample (keys/bass), stretched part or slice part.

Well, I can dream...

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

chis wrote:No Electribe ESX update? :( All Korg need to do is this:

- Make the effects and envelopes a little more configurable.
- Have two assignable LFOs per part.
- As many samples as the RAM will fit, no abritrary 255 sample limit.
- SDHC card slot.
- 12-16 parts that can be ANYTHING: single mono OR stereo sample (drums), chromatic sample (keys/bass), stretched part or slice part.

Well, I can dream...
YEP!.... I don't really understand korg, honestly they have a track record of making some of the most fun gear to use, yet all of their stuff falls a few paces short of just being phenomenal, and where other companies lack in the creative department or features korg mainly lacks in workflow and shit like file management and other minimal feature stuff that wouldn't even put a dent in them to impliment, if there ever was a company that needed to open up their samplers and groove products to open source it would be korg, and of course akai, but I just don't get it. the electribe series is old as fuck and still can compete with anything coming out today, with a weeks worth of attention they could easily outshine alot of products. why they don't make the kaosspad a beast to be reckoned with is anybodys guess, all of their fuckin products have already done all the hardwork of being provingly effective, whomever is making the decisions for them is a dumbass.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:38 pm

and why the hell would ableton get in bed with akai instead of novation to a better degree and native instruments?
are you telling me that akai has proven to be more innovative than novation..........fuck no, novation has proven time and time again that they are willing to take risk to bring out new ideas, isn't that what ableton is all about?.............. instead they get in bed with the one company that is infamous for not doing shit since dj shadow made his first beat :lol: I mean what the fuck has akai done to even be remotely considered as someone to team up with, ableton should have passed them by on default alone, and don't say anything about the apc because that shit could have been made by anybody, they should have let beringher make it and put better brains in it, there is nothing special about it that needed akai involvement.

and for the long haul they should have teamed up with native instruments, imagine what the two of them working together could have done with maschine, what an opportunity missed and who knows how many more like that with those two makin moves. but instead serato?....c'mon man this does nothing for the future of live. the fact that some people want to use serato in live is not enough to mean anything, this does nothing for the longevity of the company.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:44 pm

i think they should make a kaosspad plug-in or a plug-in controlled kaoss effects rack unit. that would be awesome.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:48 pm

McQ714 wrote:i think they should make a kaosspad plug-in or a plug-in controlled kaoss effects rack unit. that would be awesome.
i think there's a couple out already, not by korg but....

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:50 pm

guess it wouldn't be much unlike camelspace though and i already have that.

oh well, just throwin ideas out there. maybe someone will read them and think they sound great.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:58 pm

McQ714 wrote:guess it wouldn't be much unlike camelspace though and i already have that.

oh well, just throwin ideas out there. maybe someone will read them and think they sound great.
you ever looked over the request on the korg forums, it's like they don't even care everything over there feels like your on an island by yourself, if it wasn't for the help of other users there would be nothin, they piss me off and I'm still lookin for another kp3 right now

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:13 am

Hehe, I guess everyone missed the KP4 press release that just came out.

:lol:

Sweet, I want one.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:25 am

actually i have been to the korg forums trying to find out if i was the only one who had driver issues with my zero4. turns out the 64-bit driver doesn't work at all! so i had to install a 2nd OS on my laptop just to use the damn thing. i never bothered on my main system. and i was lied to by korg support telling me they were working on the drivers. so, i hate everything about korg and i have no faith in them as a company. i tried contacting them numerous times via emails and they did not respond.

Illum

Post by Illum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:48 am

Tarekith wrote:Hehe, I guess everyone missed the KP4 press release that just came out.

:lol:

Sweet, I want one.
you serious? don't see anything about this anywhere.

are you referring to the new kaossillator?

Illum

Post by Illum » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:56 am

:cry:

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:57 am

McQ714 wrote:actually i have been to the korg forums trying to find out if i was the only one who had driver issues with my zero4. turns out the 64-bit driver doesn't work at all! so i had to install a 2nd OS on my laptop just to use the damn thing. i never bothered on my main system. and i was lied to by korg support telling me they were working on the drivers. so, i hate everything about korg and i have no faith in them as a company. i tried contacting them numerous times via emails and they did not respond.
that sucks. don't know if you got it used or not but I would make the store I got it from an offer they could not refuse to take it back

zalo

Post by zalo » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:45 am

starving student wrote:
McQ714 wrote:actually i have been to the korg forums trying to find out if i was the only one who had driver issues with my zero4. turns out the 64-bit driver doesn't work at all! so i had to install a 2nd OS on my laptop just to use the damn thing. i never bothered on my main system. and i was lied to by korg support telling me they were working on the drivers. so, i hate everything about korg and i have no faith in them as a company. i tried contacting them numerous times via emails and they did not respond.
that sucks. don't know if you got it used or not but I would make the store I got it from an offer they could not refuse to take it back
i bought an open box (no returns) Zero8, biggest waste of money yet

shit AD/DA, awful EQ, awful Routing, NOISY

from the posts on the korg forums im not alone, the Zero line of mixers was the biggest pile of shit in the world

the problem is that 1 korg support branch was aware of the problems and everyone else denied everything, so mixed signals all over the place no hope for a fix, korg can make a great product (love my radias) but they can make some blatant junk unforgivingly