Ableton & Serato Announce...And it's FREE!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tone Deft

Re: Ableton & Serato Announce...And it's FREE!

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:51 am

edit - answered my own question about the Serato approved hardware acts as a dongle.

it's not so much that, it's that I can't use what I already have.
Last edited by Tone Deft on Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:52 am

Hidden Driveways wrote:
beats me wrote: Would I invest in DJ specific software that is inferior in many ways to Traktor so I can use session view in it? Fuck no.
You're starting to sound like one of those people who go out of their way to bash Apple computers, because deep down inside you know you really want one...
I was curious how the two programs compare.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:13 am

Hidden Driveways wrote:
beats me wrote: Would I invest in DJ specific software that is inferior in many ways to Traktor so I can use session view in it? Fuck no.
You're starting to sound like one of those people who go out of their way to bash Apple computers, because deep down inside you know you really want one...
Yeah I can bash with the best of them, but I think this was a big surprise/disappointment to a lot of people, especially considering development time from announcement to release. This probably would have gone over a lot better if they just magically released it with no pre collaboration announcement, a big pleasant surprise. Announcing this a long time ago made a lot of people speculate and dream up ideas and I'm pretty positive nobody was hoping for this end result. Take a cue from Apple, don't talk about something until it's already done.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:18 am

and the !@$%^Uing max4Live announcement YEARS in advance. are there any more collaborations coming out? maybe a few that we forgot about? didn't they announce a collab with Lotus Notes back in '97?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:29 am

Tone Deft wrote:

and the !@$%^Uing max4Live announcement YEARS in advance.

M4L is the balls YO! However most of the time I make devices I think, why didn't Ableton make this device YEARS ago. DUH!

RCUS

Post by RCUS » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:22 am

So i guess this means my hopes of a motorized jog wheel that attaches to my apc40 where the rubber sides currently are (so that i can get vinyl style control of my clips using serato WITHIN Ableton) isn't going to happen eh?

any way i slice it it's more $$ out of my pocket - only now I'm not sure whose getting the $$ (MAX, Ms. Pinky, Ableton, Serato, Traktor, Vestax, Numark, EKS, or Other).

What gives?! Wasn't NAMM 2010 supposed to be awesome?!

Now i just feel like the kid who got shafted on christmas morning after praying real hard to baby jesus to grant my wishes.

Bad. Bad baby jesus!

2000down

Post by 2000down » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:19 am

Its F*ing awesome if your a dj that uses serato and a producer using ableton, which I am so YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

maze23a

Post by maze23a » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:20 am

The bridge seems to be really cool!
And also for free!
Exciting to see it in action!

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:33 am

I wonder why they haven't come up with a NI-collaboration... I mean they are both located in Berlin :roll:
The CEOs don't like each other, I suppose.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 am

#1thelark wrote:I wonder why they haven't come up with a NI-collaboration... I mean they are both located in Berlin :roll:
+1

especially because i don't get a certain rival people put into those two companies, i mean the make totally different products...

ableton is not in the plugin / instrument market and NI not in the sequencer market, and a traktor / ableton collab would have been much better in my eyes.
*** Image GAFM ***

8O

Post by 8O » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:57 am

SubFunk wrote:
#1thelark wrote:I wonder why they haven't come up with a NI-collaboration... I mean they are both located in Berlin :roll:
+1

especially because i don't get a certain rival people put into those two companies, i mean the make totally different products...

ableton is not in the plugin / instrument market and NI not in the sequencer market, and a traktor / ableton collab would have been much better in my eyes.
I guess "The Bridge" does not refer to "Oberbaum Bruecke"... :wink:

Out Of My System

Post by Out Of My System » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:13 am

The Bridge. Makes you want to jump off one.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:14 am

8O wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
+1

well, sadly not!

jeeez, the power of those two combined 8O 8O 8O
*** Image GAFM ***

#1thelark

Post by #1thelark » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:38 am

Go figure...

Ableton HQ - NI HQ = 5km walking distance (even less if you pick the Schillingbrücke :) )

Ableton HQ - Serato NZ = 17.747 km distance by plane

That should be a lot of money if you need to travel that distance... but I understand Ableton because NZ should be worth a visit or two. Plus they might be afraid of losing jobs if they collaborate with NI. They should avoid that step unless they are in big trouble...
Last edited by #1thelark on Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Poster

Post by Poster » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:45 am

8O wrote:
SubFunk wrote:
+1

:lol: