Launchpad remote script ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
gusc

Re: Launchpad remote script ?

Post by gusc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:51 pm

One thing I'm currently looking into for customization is a led response in User 2 mode when controling rotary knobs on instrument/effect rack. Only thing that's responding with on/off led is when i assign one button to some button in ableton, but there is no response with multiple launchpad buttons assigned to any fader/rotary knob etc.
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Core i5 2.8 GHz
16GB RAM
M-Audio Axiom 61
Novation Launchpad
Novation Remote 25SL MkII
Echo Audiofire 4
OS X Yosemite, Ableton Suite 9, Propellerheads Reason 4

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:31 pm

I'm looking for something that can convert the pyc files for the launchpad into py files.... so I can convert user 2 into a device controller.
I don't understand how to use unpyc (I don't have any experience of running python scripts). Help!!!

gusc

Post by gusc » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:38 am

Well there are plenty of on-line decompilers, but they are for free only up to 5kb compiled files. Anyway, if anyone finds any good decompiler, drop us a link.

And I hope abes will just publish those sources for free anyway :)
MacBook Pro Retina 13"
Core i5 2.8 GHz
16GB RAM
M-Audio Axiom 61
Novation Launchpad
Novation Remote 25SL MkII
Echo Audiofire 4
OS X Yosemite, Ableton Suite 9, Propellerheads Reason 4

LithiuMind

Post by LithiuMind » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 am

Alright, diving into the archives to try to find answers to my questions. I want to find a way to build a m4l device which processes the MIDI coming from the Launchpad only when the Launchpad is set to User 2 mode. This is because I want to retain the "Session Mode" clip launching capabilities.

So far it seems that the two potential solutions are:

-Customizing the Launchpad Remote Script (which requires delving into the raw python code of the Launchpad Remote Script)

-Building a m4l patch which completely rebuilds the Launchpad Remote Script from scratch (ie. Session Mode's clip launching capabilities and the "red box")

Anyone have any better suggestions? Or perhaps has anyone started down either of these paths?