Old live sets saved with Spectrasonics Atmosphere but use Om

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
intellijel

Old live sets saved with Spectrasonics Atmosphere but use Om

Post by intellijel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:05 am

I have some old projects that were saved on a different computer and used Spectrasonics Atmosphere. If I install Omnisphere on my new system and open the old projects, how do I get Omnipshere to load instead of Atmosphere in all of its instances of use (i.e. the different tracks that previously were saved with instances of Atmosphere on them) AND open the right presets (Omnisphere contains all of the old Atmosphere presets so somehow it is backwards compatible)

nuxnamon

Re: Old live sets saved with Spectrasonics Atmosphere but use Om

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 am

i have old sets with Trilogy but it won't open up in Trilian.. it's kinda the same thing.. i have omni also but never had atmosphere.. best bet is to contact spectrasonics themselves.. but it seems unlikely possible because it uses totally different engines.. but midi notes are midi notes.. just load up the same patch in omni

intellijel

Post by intellijel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 am

nuxnamon wrote:i have old sets with Trilogy but it won't open up in Trilian.. it's kinda the same thing.. i have omni also but never had atmosphere.. best bet is to contact spectrasonics themselves.. but it seems unlikely possible because it uses totally different engines.. but midi notes are midi notes.. just load up the same patch in omni

It has been two weeks worth of e-mail and no help from Spectrasonics so far. Initially I wanted to buy a copy of Atmosphere but it is not for sale anywhere and they won't sell me a copy either.

midi notes may be midi notes but there is no way I remember what patch out of a choice of thousands that I used in any particular old track....

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:30 am

hhmm.. i actually find that odd because my experience with spectrasonics support has been one of the best.. the longest I've had to wait for a response from them is probably a few days.. yeah, I assumed you knew what patch you were using.. and you probably tweaked them also so that's makes it even worse.. but it gives you even more incentive to see what new sounds omni has.. :D good luck though..

intellijel

Post by intellijel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:36 am

nuxnamon wrote:hhmm.. i actually find that odd because my experience with spectrasonics support has been one of the best.. the longest I've had to wait for a response from them is probably a few days.. yeah, I assumed you knew what patch you were using.. and you probably tweaked them also so that's makes it even worse.. but it gives you even more incentive to see what new sounds omni has.. :D good luck though..
That makes me wonder if I can use M4L or open the live set with a text editor and see info about the tracks? I wonder if information about what preset a vst is using is stored there.... I think Atmosphere must have used the banks/preset# method right? or is it something internal?

As for good support. I had heard that before as well but there is a thread on KVR about how bad it has been lately...like waiting 5 weeks to get ownership transferred etc. Seems like they do not like people to buy their software used or something.