Note Mode on APC40

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jer_mcclain

Note Mode on APC40

Post by jer_mcclain » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:59 pm

So i emailed Akai after the APC20 announcement regarding adding that new Note Mode to the APC40. Here is the reply, seems a bit strange that they wouldn't already be thinking of adding it:

Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for your interest in Akai Professional!

Adding a feature that is going to be on the APC20 to an existing product [in this case the APC40] would be considered a feature request.

First of all, I want to thank you for contacting us with your new product suggestion! Your feedback is important to us. I've logged your comments and suggestions into our feature request system. Such requests get compiled, and are delivered weekly in a report to Product managers, and members of our development team, ensuring that they receive the widest audience possible.

We certainly appreciate it when someone goes out of their way to share their ideas. Thank you again for your feedback!

Best Regards,

Andy Kyte
MacBook Pro - Live Suite - Mira - APC40 - Apogee Duet - Grado SR325i

squelcht

Re: Note Mode on APC40

Post by squelcht » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Wtf? That dude sounds like he jacked up on prozac :lol:

Seriously though...He's making it seem like this hasn't been questioned about or requested before. To be able to punch in notes with the APC40 as the the APC20 or Launchpad does, you need a 3rd party software running (i.e. Bomes/M4L) which is pretty gay...

Yeah I'm realllly sure your email got passed down the tech department & even more sure they're already making a firmware update for the APC40 to do just this :roll: (no offense to you paraclude :wink: )

EDIT: THE DUDE WRITING FROM AKAI IS THE ONE WHO SEEMS JACKED ON PROZAC.

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi Guys,
No need to get nasty with Andy, he's a good guy, a good musician and probably just like you in a lot of ways :)
http://andykyte.com/Site/Music/Music.html

I wish we were in the Maldives, but we're in Culver City at Akai's offices discussing exactly these kinds of wishes.
I'll keep you posted.
Jesse

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:06 pm

:o

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 am

use monomulator>> keyboard mode... have fun :mrgreen:

nafe