Drugs and Creativity

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Re: Drugs and Creativity

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 pm

i have to also add that if anyone was thinking about doing some acid or any kind of drug to help them be more creative probably wouldnt be successful in the first trys as depending on experience with the drug it self. If you've never experienced it or very little it can be overwhelming and you probably wont find your self making music right off the bat but tripping the fuck out, and this can even happen on low doses. Ive done cid for some time now and have gotten all the things that should be done on it while tripping outa the way. Now music is actually something quite easy to sit down and open and play around with while under the influence. What im trying to say is that it could take some time to reach that creativity on a psychedelic. There are tons of emotions the drug will throw at you, thoughts etc, also depending on who the person is, what beliefs they have lada da da da...the drug could keep you locked in these thoughts for some time, and by the time your done tripping you wont really have time for the creativeness.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:29 pm

I just take three big hits of D M T and when I come back the elves have made my next killller track for me. Works every time!

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:55 pm

ethios4 wrote:I just take three big hits of D M T and when I come back the elves have made my next killller track for me. Works every time!
The elves work for you too? 8O

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:45 pm

Drugs and alcohol are a solid reward AFTER the work is done.

T-
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Big V

Post by Big V » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:37 pm

Guff Tong wrote:^ Dali didn't do drugs; was pretty fubared after finding his mothers body dead on the beach and was aparently scared of pussy (Including his wife's) but did'nt do any clarkie caps or cake......
What? I recently read that he'd got a huge collection of pr0n at home (magazines + movies) which he'd been showing to his friends on a regular basis.
jazz is a woman's tongue in your mouth
cool, licking you slowly, revolving around
inside your cheeks.
letting you know who's come to visit.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:53 pm

Rabalder wrote:
ethios4 wrote:I just take three big hits of D M T and when I come back the elves have made my next killller track for me. Works every time!
The elves work for you too? 8O
Haha, no I work for them! They just need me to get out of the way so they can use my gear. ;)

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:36 pm

Big V wrote:
Guff Tong wrote:^ Dali didn't do drugs; was pretty fubared after finding his mothers body dead on the beach and was aparently scared of pussy (Including his wife's) but did'nt do any clarkie caps or cake......
What? I recently read that he'd got a huge collection of pr0n at home (magazines + movies) which he'd been showing to his friends on a regular basis.
jazz mags n nature flicks may have been a substitute to real minge?

Think I read it somewhere, like he was obsessed but repelled at the same time - reflected in loads of his art (as suggested by the writer of the book I read of course)

Myself, this week, will be creating mainly on Jacques Herer and Yorkshire Tea :)

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:54 pm

The thing that boosts my creativity the most is practice. When I get into a groove of working on music for at least a few hours everyday, the gap between imagination and reality is nil. Love that flow!

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:58 pm

Don't really consider cannabis a drug... well, no more so than caffeine, but when I rehearse I 'might' have one beer, I have one pre-show beer and one in-show beer at gigs, and rarely ever drink while practicing guitar.

That being said I'll smoke a bowl pretty much any day any time which I definitely includes music making. Not a whole lot of 'smoke' lately though since I got my new vaporizer.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:10 pm

AceLuby wrote:Not a whole lot of 'smoke' lately though since I got my new vaporizer.
How is it working for you? Thought about getting one myself..

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 am

^ I think its very creative of you to use this thread to discuss cool paraphernalia. :wink:

sheep

Post by sheep » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:14 pm

ok so "Someone who isnt Me" Tried K for the first time last night an a lot of it, and this person got rocked. This person sees both sides of the equation. On one hand this mass hallucinate trance it put him in totally opened his mind to new ideas and even just flat out new ways of feeling thinking listening and viewing life.

But also can see how someone could just blow lines of K all day and wake up from a hole and just drolll all over there keyboard and not even give a shit.

Its totally all about moderation and taking that experience and holding on to the important parts of it, the parts that inspired you and not the parts bout how "everyone has to try this man" or omg "this is so cool man" BS

Final verdict

Its pretty tight when you know what and why you looking for inspiration in that realm
---Just Let The Beats Roll----

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm

Rabalder wrote:
AceLuby wrote:Not a whole lot of 'smoke' lately though since I got my new vaporizer.
How is it working for you? Thought about getting one myself..
I absolutely love it! Got a volcano and would almost prefer to not smoke than to smoke out of anything else. Stone seems to last longer too.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:09 pm

sheep wrote:Its totally all about moderation and taking that experience and holding on to the important parts of it, the parts that inspired you and not the parts bout how "everyone has to try this man" or omg "this is so cool man" BS
+1

with any hallucinogen, its not the trip... its what you bring back.

P.S. glad someone who isn't you is okay.

colemanmusic

Post by colemanmusic » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:15 pm

Smoke a bowl of some good weed, get inspired.
what is this world coming too?