APC6000

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hidden Driveways

Re: APC6000

Post by Hidden Driveways » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:00 pm

I dig my APC40 but I wish it was a little bit smaller and had a little less unused real estate. I still wish I had the dream controller I came up with many moons ago:

Note the displays above each clip launch button that tell you the name of each clip.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:26 pm

:twisted: I want some kinda shit like this... :

julienb

Post by julienb » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 pm

3dot... wrote::twisted: I want some kinda shit like this... :
+1
Julien Bayle
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

art + teaching/consulting
ableton certified trainer
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:44 pm

Mee TOO!

If you had one and posted a pic of you rock'n a show in it....

Many would love to tell you what it didn't have, or what you needed to do.

And as far as I can tell, with a Rig like that, Daft Punk should be the opening act.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:51 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:Mee TOO!

If you had one and posted a pic of you rock'n a show in it....

Many would love to tell you what it didn't have, or what you needed to do.

And as far as I can tell, with a Rig like that, Daft Punk should be the opening act.
:lol:
it might be actually doable with today's computer power..

Jesse

Post by Jesse » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:41 pm

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the album cover of Thrust was discussed when we were thinking about a setup that could include an APC40 and 5 APC20s in combination mode. Herbie came to our booth at NAMM, gutted I missed him.
J :cry:

jamief

Post by jamief » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 am

Jesse wrote:I can tell you with absolute certainty that the album cover of Thrust was discussed when we were thinking about a setup that could include an APC40 and 5 APC20s in combination mode. Herbie came to our booth at NAMM, gutted I missed him.
Cool. :D
What about the concept of a LEGO (TM) :) midi controller. Basic premise is that you get a series of modular building blocks wit different modules like rotary encoders, drum/ launchpad pads, sliders , crossfaders , big transport controlls.
And you can clip screw them together in custom fashion to suit changing position and orination of the modules to suit your needs ands tastes.

Any way back to the hear and now ill ask again can we have a launchpad 256 or even a 512 please as i,m seriously close to getting near buying another 5 launchpads for sumthing very important to us but can see some fairlybig drawbacks that a dedicated 256 or 512 )Please) would illiminate ? ?
:)

davepermen

Post by davepermen » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:49 am

jamief wrote:
Jesse wrote:I can tell you with absolute certainty that the album cover of Thrust was discussed when we were thinking about a setup that could include an APC40 and 5 APC20s in combination mode. Herbie came to our booth at NAMM, gutted I missed him.
What about the concept of a LEGO (TM) :) midi controller. Basic premise is that you get a series of modular building blocks wit different modules like rotary encoders, drum/ launchpad pads, sliders , crossfaders , big transport controlls.
And you can clip screw them together in custom fashion to suit changing position and orination of the modules to suit your needs ands tastes.

Any way back to the hear and now ill ask again can we have a launchpad 256 or even a 512 please as i,m seriously close to getting near buying another 5 launchpads for sumthing very important to us but can see some fairlybig drawbacks that a dedicated 256 or 512 )Please) would illiminate ? ?
nothing new. it's called mawzer.

if you just google "modular midi controller", you find pics of it.

see here: http://images.google.ch/images?q=modula ... controller

other than that, the lemur is another way to approach the same concept.
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

beatpoet

Post by beatpoet » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 am

davepermen wrote:
jamief wrote:

nothing new. it's called mawzer.

if you just google "modular midi controller", you find pics of it.

see here: http://images.google.ch/images?q=modula ... controller

other than that, the lemur is another way to approach the same concept.
mawzer is cool but a bit dated

Ableton should have gone down this route. One thing I've learn't about live users is they are so varied. Everyone uses it differently, esp in a live situation. Build rotary blocks. fader blocks and clip launch blocks and sell all separately, people could build what they need and then customise it with m4l. We'd see some pretty innovative live setups then.

Fledz

Post by Fledz » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:27 pm

I would seriously pay thousands for something like this. Make it. Now!

Sarrova-Q

Post by Sarrova-Q » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 pm

That, in combination with this:

16 steps, TR-style sequencing, 16 pads for triggering and muting of the drums/activating clips, dedicated controls for drumrack...

Akai, are you seeing this? :)