Waves v5 + Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
rajcoont

Waves v5 + Live?

Post by rajcoont » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:21 am

I know this has been discussed a few times, but I am planning on buying the musicians bundle II, and using it in live, Waves says it is not supported officially, but do either the VST or AU's work in Live like they should? (ie; settings saved with set, fully automatable, don't screw up other plugs automation, etc)

-also, does anyone know if these Musician's bundles use dongles? IS waves still a dongled company? dongles are awful, and i might not bother if i need one to run a compressor and eq

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:37 am

i have waves 5 diamond and it works great with Live 4. much better than version 4 did. on pc that is, cant speak for mac.

forge

Re: Waves v5 + Live?

Post by forge » Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:59 am

rajcoont wrote:I know this has been discussed a few times, but I am planning on buying the musicians bundle II, and using it in live, Waves says it is not supported officially, but do either the VST or AU's work in Live like they should? (ie; settings saved with set, fully automatable, don't screw up other plugs automation, etc)

-also, does anyone know if these Musician's bundles use dongles? IS waves still a dongled company? dongles are awful, and i might not bother if i need one to run a compressor and eq
you dont need a dongle but can use iLok if you want to use them on more than one machine

gold v5 works fine for me - they don't 'officially' support it yet because they haven't finished their in house testing but I have had a lot of very helpful tech support from them regardless - their tech support is excellent

rajcoont

Post by rajcoont » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:24 pm

thanks for the info, will definitely be buying it this weekend in that case..they are the best plugs i've ever used i must say