Who was that artist/website/whatever?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Action Jackson

Who was that artist/website/whatever?

Post by Action Jackson » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:53 pm

This thread is dedicated to finding an artist, website, whaterver, but you can't find with search or anything and you can't remember the name however much you try. but would like to find what you're looking for.

I'm looking for the UK rapper with a beard, who posted a link here to his youtube-video. That track was made in Live (I suppose), and in the lyrics he listed a lot of artists and made a point that they are just that. Joe Strummer was one of those artists (i.e. "he's just Joe Strummer"). I think it was a Jewish rapper from the UK. The video was in black and in the video they filmed him walking in front of the camera. I think it was a small-time hit a couple of years ago (97- 98?). Does that ring a bell with anyone?
Last edited by Action Jackson on Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

8O

Re: Who was that artist/website/whatever?

Post by 8O » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:11 pm

Ten years out, and not black and white, but similar lyrics and Dan le Sac does post on this forum - Dan le Sac vs Scroobius Pip?

Action Jackson

Post by Action Jackson » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:19 pm

Oooooh, that was exactly the artist I was looking for! Got a couple of things wrong in my description, but you found it anyway. Kudos and good carma to you! :D

But seriously, was there e remix of this and a video in black and white?

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:23 pm

:D No idea on a remix and b/w, but their album is good and worth buying and they're entertaining live, go see if you get the chance.