Nudge Tool !!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
maybenot

Nudge Tool !!

Post by maybenot » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:44 am

:arrow: Just wondering when ableton will have an actual Nudge Tool so that you can move regions by hitting keys as opposed to dragging.
They is a feature key in sound for picture and has been the main reason why I still use Pro-Tools for it. Syncing up sound effects to images by dragging is just not practical.
:?:

tlennon

Re: Nudge Tool !!

Post by tlennon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:42 am

That's why there are different tools for different workflows and tasks. ProTools has many more features then Live IMO and is my main DAW for most things. Mostly rewire to Live and Reason as needed. They call it LIVE for a reason. It wasn't meant to be a major player in post production work.
Terrence Lennon

maybenot

Post by maybenot » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:30 am

but what is the disadvantage of having it?
Consider the amazing advantages in sound design "live" has. The intention if this post if not to have a DAW battle but to draw attention for the consideration of implementing this tool in further releases or updates.
It's true that pro tools is the main player in post-production, but even if you are using ableton rewired to pro-tools, it would still be nice to be able to nudge a region by beats/seconds/samples. This would be useful not only for post-production, but for music composition and sound design.
cheerz
:idea:

Bonehead

Post by Bonehead » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 am

Use an ultra-precise gaming mouse for those accurate clip-shifts :mrgreen:

I recently used it for a post-production job and still need to figure out why Pro-Tools is praised so much. As long as you know all your shortcuts in Live, it gets the job done very fast. But, then again I have only used ProTools to record music.

But, seriously can someone list out, what I'm missing out on, by not using ProTools? :?

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:13 pm

I've been waiting years for a 'Scissors' Tool 8O
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.

tlennon

Post by tlennon » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:32 pm

I hope that you both suggested that in the Wishlist forum. :lol:
Terrence Lennon