Ableton HQ please read

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:44 pm

yup. I also know that you threw that Mac garbage out there.

what beats me said nails it. If it won't work before the show why the hell would it work during the show? How is that Ableton's complete fault?

beats me
Posts: 23319
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:39 pm

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by beats me » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:45 pm

jamief wrote:
beats me wrote:Live crashed countless times before my gig so I used it at my gig and it crashed at the gig! Fuck you Ableton!

Sincerely,

Long time experienced PRO touring Live user
So if it crashes all the time,. How do you ever manage to play any gigs ?
I really have no idea who this character is but since you just posted this on here without any background and he's name dropping I'll assume he's been around for awhile and is Somebody.

So how would you gig? Use the previous version that you know is stable. I'll also assume this isn't his first version of Live. If it is then use whatever method you used before. Whatever you do, you don't bring something on stage that has given you countless moments of greif before you hit the stage. That's idiotic.

Bagle
Posts: 786
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:45 pm
Location: Ireland
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by Bagle » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:46 pm

jamief wrote: its instability of live. i have avested interest. WSe have some very big shows coming up and everything is in live so for me this is a serious serious issue and i,m trying to highlight it again
we know 8.1.1 has issues for somepeople, ever user knows this, ableton know this, more and more whine threads wont fix it, have you tried using an old version of 8?
Anything at my disposal..
http://soundcloud.com/jagle

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm

"I have this guitar with a wonkey pick up. Lets Rock!!!!"


**after the failed show**

"I'm suing Fender they ruined my show"



FAIL

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:50 pm

you guys are so negative but you reap what you so.
So Good luck to you :)

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:51 pm

beats me wrote:
jamief wrote:
beats me wrote:Live crashed countless times before my gig so I used it at my gig and it crashed at the gig! Fuck you Ableton!

Sincerely,

Long time experienced PRO touring Live user
So if it crashes all the time,. How do you ever manage to play any gigs ?
I really have no idea who this character is but since you just posted this on here without any background and he's name dropping I'll assume he's been around for awhile and is Somebody.

So how would you gig? Use the previous version that you know is stable. I'll also assume this isn't his first version of Live. If it is then use whatever method you used before. Whatever you do, you don't bring something on stage that has given you countless moments of greif before you hit the stage. That's idiotic.
I think you are quite unhelpfull. but thats your choice not mine. lets leave it at that.

good luck to you

best
j :)

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:52 pm

H20nly wrote:"I have this guitar with a wonkey pick up. Lets Rock!!!!"


**after the failed show**

"I'm suing Fender they ruined my show"



FAIL
Pin head 8O :D

hoffman2k
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:54 pm

jamief wrote:
Tarekith wrote:Awesome, it's the weekly mac vs pc debate. I was wondering when it was going to start, you guys were a bit slow kicking it off this time. Thought I was going to have to step up and post something!
nah its not that debate tarekith. it more relevant to either user - its instability of live. i have avested interest. WSe have some very big shows coming up and everything is in live so for me this is a serious serious issue and i,m trying to highlight it again
Exactly what reply are you looking for? Live IS buggy and Ableton acknowledged that with the Quality announcement.

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:57 pm

jamief wrote:Pin head
yeah, thats about the size of what the validity to Kenny's argument fits on.

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 pm

hoffman2k wrote:
jamief wrote:
Tarekith wrote:Awesome, it's the weekly mac vs pc debate. I was wondering when it was going to start, you guys were a bit slow kicking it off this time. Thought I was going to have to step up and post something!
nah its not that debate tarekith. it more relevant to either user - its instability of live. i have avested interest. WSe have some very big shows coming up and everything is in live so for me this is a serious serious issue and i,m trying to highlight it again
Exactly what reply are you looking for? Live IS buggy and Ableton acknowledged that with the Quality announcement.
Good question im not looking for any specific reply. What i am doing is illustrating that it is currently causing problems for some big name acts on the circuit ( who may have not had the benfit of relising the pitfalls of using the latest version of some programs - hardly worth flaming him for). Incidently if you are not aware of Kenny Larkin have alook hear. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Larkin http://www.discogs.com/artist/Kenny+Larkin

original; first wave of detroit.

Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
its like fuckin burn the witch burn the witch

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

beats me wrote:
jamief wrote:
beats me wrote:Live crashed countless times before my gig so I used it at my gig and it crashed at the gig! Fuck you Ableton!

Sincerely,

Long time experienced PRO touring Live user
So if it crashes all the time,. How do you ever manage to play any gigs ?
I really have no idea who this character is but since you just posted this on here without any background and he's name dropping I'll assume he's been around for awhile and is Somebody.

So how would you gig? Use the previous version that you know is stable. I'll also assume this isn't his first version of Live. If it is then use whatever method you used before. Whatever you do, you don't bring something on stage that has given you countless moments of greif before you hit the stage. That's idiotic.
Hanging out at local Detroit clubs like The Music Institute and The Shelter, he soon hooked up with Richie Hawtin and John Acquaviva recording under a variety of monikers, including Dark Comedy, Pod and Yennek. His first full-length album Azimuth, released in 1994, established Kenny as one of the major forces in contemporary dance music

keep searching

Donnie
Posts: 810
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by Donnie » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 pm

I dont care who you are, if a program is not running right why the hell would you bring it on stage? I dont see what a name drop proves except the fact that he should have known better. Real men of genius right there.

I must have the midas touch or something, cause ive had maybe one or two crashes since live 8 came out. Seems all my buddies with the macs are the ones having problems. Not saying that to debate either, but I have to admit it does give me a chuckle everytime I see someone play that card.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:08 pm

You realize, of course, that what beats brings up is the HEART of the MATTER? Right? WHY DO YOU KEEP DEFLECTING THIS?

If you properly rehearsed your set ad nauseum before the show, and there were no issues, Live doesn't suddenly decide to say "HEY, I'M GOING TO FUCK UP FOR JAMIEF'S SHOW TONIGHT BECAUSE HE'S A TWAT!"

I know everyone loves to believe that shit, but it's rubbish.

Something happened. Either you didn't properly rehearse the set, or you did something to your machine/specs/soundcard/etcetcetcetc between the successful rehearsals and showtime.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:11 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:You realize, of course, that what beats brings up is the HEART of the MATTER? Right? WHY DO YOU KEEP DEFLECTING THIS?

If you properly rehearsed your set ad nauseum before the show, and there were no issues, Live doesn't suddenly decide to say "HEY, I'M GOING TO FUCK UP FOR JAMIEF'S SHOW TONIGHT BECAUSE HE'S A TWAT!"

I know everyone loves to believe that shit, but it's rubbish.

Something happened. Either you didn't properly rehearse the set, or you did something to your machine/specs/soundcard/etcetcetcetc between the successful rehearsals and showtime.
no its not my set :)

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:12 pm

jamief wrote:Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
its like fuckin burn the witch burn the witch
yeah, but the witch is Ableton and you're the one throwing salt on its wounds.

Are we supposed to quit buying Hondas because our neighbor failed to buy new tires and crashed his Honda?

Are we supposed to not cook because the old lady across the street keeps spilling oil and lighting her stove on fire?

Are we supposed to hate on Live because it won't work for some other user in another scenario that by its very definition does not spell Professional?


What are you trying to prove???

- If it happens to Kenny it can happen to anybody?
- Live is bad. um-kay?
- We should all be mad?
- Patience is not a virtue fuck Ableton's announcements?

jamief wrote:Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
Why the hell would you want to further this problem?
If all you posted for was to further problems then...
jamief wrote:you reap what you so

Post Reply