Ableton HQ please read

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:13 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:You realize, of course, that what beats brings up is the HEART of the MATTER? Right? WHY DO YOU KEEP DEFLECTING THIS?

If you properly rehearsed your set ad nauseum before the show, and there were no issues, Live doesn't suddenly decide to say "HEY, I'M GOING TO FUCK UP FOR JAMIEF'S SHOW TONIGHT BECAUSE HE'S A TWAT!"

I know everyone loves to believe that shit, but it's rubbish.

Something happened. Either you didn't properly rehearse the set, or you did something to your machine/specs/soundcard/etcetcetcetc between the successful rehearsals and showtime.
Either way the issue remains ...................... and wher silence rains nothing changes. And Ableton will look at this thread which is a good thing :) :wink:

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:14 pm

jamief wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:You realize, of course, that what beats brings up is the HEART of the MATTER? Right? WHY DO YOU KEEP DEFLECTING THIS?

If you properly rehearsed your set ad nauseum before the show, and there were no issues, Live doesn't suddenly decide to say "HEY, I'M GOING TO FUCK UP FOR JAMIEF'S SHOW TONIGHT BECAUSE HE'S A TWAT!"

I know everyone loves to believe that shit, but it's rubbish.

Something happened. Either you didn't properly rehearse the set, or you did something to your machine/specs/soundcard/etcetcetcetc between the successful rehearsals and showtime.
Either way the issue remains ...................... and wher silence rains nothing changes. And Ableton will look at this thread which is a good thing :) :wink:

Yes, the issue remains. But artists must work with the tools they are given, no?
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:15 pm

jamief wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:You realize, of course, that what beats brings up is the HEART of the MATTER? Right? WHY DO YOU KEEP DEFLECTING THIS?

If you properly rehearsed your set ad nauseum before the show, and there were no issues, Live doesn't suddenly decide to say "HEY, I'M GOING TO FUCK UP FOR JAMIEF'S SHOW TONIGHT BECAUSE HE'S A TWAT!"

I know everyone loves to believe that shit, but it's rubbish.

Something happened. Either you didn't properly rehearse the set, or you did something to your machine/specs/soundcard/etcetcetcetc between the successful rehearsals and showtime.
no its not my set :)
Kill yourself now.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

vicz
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:41 pm
Location: UK

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by vicz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:15 pm

It'll be your plugins.

hoffman2k
Posts: 14717
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:40 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 pm

jamief wrote:
hoffman2k wrote:
jamief wrote: nah its not that debate tarekith. it more relevant to either user - its instability of live. i have avested interest. WSe have some very big shows coming up and everything is in live so for me this is a serious serious issue and i,m trying to highlight it again
Exactly what reply are you looking for? Live IS buggy and Ableton acknowledged that with the Quality announcement.
Good question im not looking for any specific reply. What i am doing is illustrating that it is currently causing problems for some big name acts on the circuit ( who may have not had the benfit of relising the pitfalls of using the latest version of some programs - hardly worth flaming him for). Incidently if you are not aware of Kenny Larkin have alook hear. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Larkin http://www.discogs.com/artist/Kenny+Larkin

original; first wave of detroit.

Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
its like fuckin burn the witch burn the witch
Yeah I know Kenny Larkin. Used to play a lot round these parts.
And its tough to say "he should have know better". "the software should have worked" would be the reply.
But still, if it crashes before you do a show... And you still proceed to do the show, you're really gambling. And he lost.

You're upset about the state of this discussion, but what is there to discuss?
The quality of Live 8 is bad enough for Ableton to call it bad.
In the end Live 8 should come out of it as the most stable Live version ever. That is pretty much their promise and goal. They all returned from NAMM, I bet we'll hear more in the next weeks about what they actually plan to do that is different from how they tested before.

ethios4
Posts: 5377
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:28 am

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by ethios4 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:17 pm

A real pro has a backup computer for just these kinds of situations. What a tosser!

j/k, I know Kenny Larkin is no tosser, but still...

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 pm

H20nly wrote:
jamief wrote:Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
its like fuckin burn the witch burn the witch
yeah, but the witch is Ableton and you're the one throwing salt on its wounds.

Are we supposed to quit buying Hondas because our neighbor failed to buy new tires and crashed his Honda?

Are we supposed to not cook because the old lady across the street keeps spilling oil and lighting her stove on fire?

Are we supposed to hate on Live because it won't work for some other user in another scenario that by its very definition does not spell Professional?


What are you trying to prove???

- If it happens to Kenny it can happen to anybody?
- Live is bad. um-kay?
- We should all be mad?
- Patience is not a virtue fuck Ableton's announcements?

jamief wrote:Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
Why the hell would you want to further this problem?
If all you posted for was to further problems then...
jamief wrote:you reap what you so
i dont think ihave been negative in regards to what i have said in this thread about live. Others have been negative in lots of wasy thast there personal right but ................what can you say.
i have a clear reason for reporting this Ableton and other who may be tempted to do the same need to know about this.
This is thinking clearly and highly for the benfit of all.

i

Tarekith
Posts: 17580
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by Tarekith » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:20 pm

PC's suck!



















Oh wait, you guys have already moved on from that part of the discussion. Sigh, always late to the game. :oops:

cynetmedia
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by cynetmedia » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 pm

As usual there is a lot of silly stuff going on here at the ableton board. Mac vs PC vs whatever. Ill not participate in that, but Kenny's comment I will make an observation about.

I know most of the first through 3rd wave guys from Detroit. I was part of that crew and I can telly you some of them are not technically very savvy when it comes to software. Many are just NOW moving over after being "Hardware until I die" types, but the reality of international travel puts a squeeze on a lot of that type of thing.

Kenny was just saying the same thing about Traktor a few months ago, crashing and complaining on facebook, etc. All I hear form this is that someone is not doing maintenance on their machine. Not running scripts and if you a touring DJ & use the internal hard drive (like I do) you have to defrag your machine (no matter what anyone else may say in the mac community). I have almost every Mac I have ever owned from around the year 2000 to now. They have been from Detroit to Scotland to my home now in Tokyo. All still work, systems running, hardware beaten but still working fine. So I really have to question people bitching about software not working properly & blaming Ableton for their possible lack of knowledge when it comes to setting up a machine for touring. Because he is a respected producer he should be a bit more tactful when bad mouthing Ableton or any other software company until he is sure that the fault is with the software and not user error.

I'm just saying.... Claude Young
Last edited by cynetmedia on Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Point missed in so many posts. lol
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly
Posts: 15844
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by H20nly » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:22 pm

Tarekith wrote:Oh wait, you guys have already moved on from that part of the discussion. Sigh, always late to the game. :oops:
^ Yes, we've moved on to Ableton sucks and it benefits everyone by saying so...

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:26 pm

cynetmedia wrote:As usual there is a lot of silly stuff going on here at the ableton board. Mac vs PC vs whatever. Ill not participate in that, but Kenny's comment I will make an observation about.

I know most of the first through 3rd wave guys from Detroit. I was part of that crew and I can telly you some of them are not technically very savvy when it comes to software. Many are just NOW moving over after being "Hardware until I die" types, but the reality of international travel puts a squeeze on a lot of that type of thing.

Kenny was just saying the same thing about Traktor a few months ago, crashing and complaining on facebook, etc. All I hear form this is that someone is not doing maintenance on their machine. Not running scripts and if you a touring DJ & use the internal hard drive (like I do) you have to defrag your machine (no matter what anyone else may say in the mac community). I have almost every Mac I have ever owned from around the year 2000 to now. They have been from Detroit to Scotland to my home now in Tokyo. All still work, systems running, hardware beaten but still working fine. So I really have to question people bitching about software not working properly & blaming Ableton for their possible lack of knowledge when it comes to setting up a machine for touring. Because he is a respected producer he should be a bit more tactful when bad mouthing Abletone or any other software company until he is sure that the fault is with the software and not user error.

I'm just saying.... Claude Young

ill say high to Jason from soundcontrol wheni seem him next :wink: at rubadub

cynetmedia
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by cynetmedia » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 pm

jamief wrote:
cynetmedia wrote:As usual there is a lot of silly stuff going on here at the ableton board. Mac vs PC vs whatever. Ill not participate in that, but Kenny's comment I will make an observation about.

I know most of the first through 3rd wave guys from Detroit. I was part of that crew and I can telly you some of them are not technically very savvy when it comes to software. Many are just NOW moving over after being "Hardware until I die" types, but the reality of international travel puts a squeeze on a lot of that type of thing.

Kenny was just saying the same thing about Traktor a few months ago, crashing and complaining on facebook, etc. All I hear form this is that someone is not doing maintenance on their machine. Not running scripts and if you a touring DJ & use the internal hard drive (like I do) you have to defrag your machine (no matter what anyone else may say in the mac community). I have almost every Mac I have ever owned from around the year 2000 to now. They have been from Detroit to Scotland to my home now in Tokyo. All still work, systems running, hardware beaten but still working fine. So I really have to question people bitching about software not working properly & blaming Ableton for their possible lack of knowledge when it comes to setting up a machine for touring. Because he is a respected producer he should be a bit more tactful when bad mouthing Abletone or any other software company until he is sure that the fault is with the software and not user error.

I'm just saying.... Claude Young

ill say high to Jason from soundcontrol wheni seem him next :wink:
Do that, tell him I have been meaning to get back to him but been kind of busy lately. Will be in touch in a few days. Cheers!

jamief
Posts: 1856
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:50 pm
Location: Awakend

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:32 pm

cynetmedia wrote:
jamief wrote:
cynetmedia wrote:As usual there is a lot of silly stuff going on here at the ableton board. Mac vs PC vs whatever. Ill not participate in that, but Kenny's comment I will make an observation about.

I know most of the first through 3rd wave guys from Detroit. I was part of that crew and I can telly you some of them are not technically very savvy when it comes to software. Many are just NOW moving over after being "Hardware until I die" types, but the reality of international travel puts a squeeze on a lot of that type of thing.

Kenny was just saying the same thing about Traktor a few months ago, crashing and complaining on facebook, etc. All I hear form this is that someone is not doing maintenance on their machine. Not running scripts and if you a touring DJ & use the internal hard drive (like I do) you have to defrag your machine (no matter what anyone else may say in the mac community). I have almost every Mac I have ever owned from around the year 2000 to now. They have been from Detroit to Scotland to my home now in Tokyo. All still work, systems running, hardware beaten but still working fine. So I really have to question people bitching about software not working properly & blaming Ableton for their possible lack of knowledge when it comes to setting up a machine for touring. Because he is a respected producer he should be a bit more tactful when bad mouthing Abletone or any other software company until he is sure that the fault is with the software and not user error.

I'm just saying.... Claude Young

ill say high to Jason from soundcontrol wheni seem him next :wink:
Do that, tell him I have been meaning to get back to him but been kind of busy lately. Will be in touch in a few days. Cheers!
Stay cool :) mayve see you out there somewhere in the world this year as we have some big shows planned :)

Tone Deft
Posts: 23917
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: SF, CA

Re: Ableton HQ please read

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 pm

hold up, jamief is a pretty mellow poster, cut the guy some slack.

but saying that, I'm on the Beats Me band wagon. it was the promoter that got screwed that night, he hired a PROFESSIONAL. hopefully the performer learned a lesson to beat the hell out of his set beforehand and then treat it like it like, well, his life depends on it.

H20nly wrote:
jamief wrote:Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
its like fuckin burn the witch burn the witch
yeah, but the witch is Ableton and you're the one throwing salt on its wounds.

Are we supposed to quit buying Hondas because our neighbor failed to buy new tires and crashed his Honda?

Are we supposed to not cook because the old lady across the street keeps spilling oil and lighting her stove on fire?

Are we supposed to hate on Live because it won't work for some other user in another scenario that by its very definition does not spell Professional?


What are you trying to prove???

- If it happens to Kenny it can happen to anybody?
- Live is bad. um-kay?
- We should all be mad?
- Patience is not a virtue fuck Ableton's announcements?

jamief wrote:Seriously the quality of discussion in this thread and its emotional tone is not good for the furthering of this problem.
Why the hell would you want to further this problem?
If all you posted for was to further problems then...
jamief wrote:you reap what you so
try using that analogy with Toyota. on Morning Edition this morning there was a story on how HALF the inventory was unsellable and people were returning their Toyotas. some guy bought one for his wife, she refuses to drive it now he's stuck with her 'secretary car' that he hates. Ford is also offering incentives to people that trade in their Toyotas.




Donnie wrote:I dont care who you are, if a program is not running right why the hell would you bring it on stage? I dont see what a name drop proves except the fact that he should have known better. Real men of genius right there.

I must have the midas touch or something, cause ive had maybe one or two crashes since live 8 came out. Seems all my buddies with the macs are the ones having problems. Not saying that to debate either, but I have to admit it does give me a chuckle everytime I see someone play that card.
I have a similar experience but I've come to realize that there are BILLIONS of ways to use Live, we don't all use it the same and nobody uses ALL the features, commands, keystrokes and operations Live can do. every year the user base grows, so, proportionately the users with bad experiences will grow and there will be many that have no problems.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, POD500HDX, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

Post Reply