good keyboard plug ins

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mrshow01

good keyboard plug ins

Post by mrshow01 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:52 am

Hey, i've been trying to research some decent keyboard plugins. I am tired of all the factory reason sounds. I found Atmosphere which is like 400 and in my price range. They have over a thousand patches or something but the demos seem a little too "atmospheric". Can anyone reccomend a good plug in like this that has verstile sounds?

minimal

Post by minimal » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:09 am

it's not about presets.... design your own sounds for more fun.
Keep it original. What if you buy a record and you only can hear loads of presets sounds?
Presets should just be used to hear the potential of the synth.

aljen

Post by aljen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:35 am

What exactly are you looking about? If you need the classical keyboards sounds like Hammond, Prophet or DX7, this URL could be useful for you:

http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.p ... yboards_us

Loads of classical keyboards factory sounds for €€/$$.

On the other hand, like minimal mentioned, using factory presets is possibly not always the best choice. Even if you are not into sound design, you can still find zillions of sounds over the net fitting your needs.

with compliments, aljen
"I'm not really a professional anything"
[Laurie Anderson]

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:45 am

Reasons synths are quite powerful, you should use the presets as jumping off points at most. If you are tired of Reasons presets, it simply means you need to spend some time programing your own patches. As far as reccomendations for synth plugins I would point you in the direction of Crystal, a seriously powerful FREE synth available for Mac and PC in VSTi and AudioUnits formats.

http://www.greenoak.com/crystal/
I cant think of a sig