Help needed with Maschine and Mackie Control mode

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ttaralli

Help needed with Maschine and Mackie Control mode

Post by ttaralli » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:11 pm

I have Maschine running with Ableton Live 7 and I can't seem to get it to work with Mackie control?

In Ableton my Midi Preferences are set to Mack Control and Maschine is set to input and output (other templates work fine). When I load Mackie control on Maschine it doesn't affect anything in ableton just everything lights up on the controller when I hit a pad (ie. I hit pad 1 and everypad on the Maschine lights up). Can someone please help me?

PS. I'm using a mac book pro

taoyoyo

Re: Help needed with Maschine and Mackie Control mode

Post by taoyoyo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Did you place the Maschine controller file in the correct folder within Live? (as mentioned in the NI controller editor templates manual).
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:12 pm

taoyoyo wrote:Did you place the Maschine controller file in the correct folder within Live? (as mentioned in the NI controller editor templates
manual).
that's not necessary,since it isn't a script.

he just has to select "mackie control",set Maschine in/out and it should work.

ttaralli

Post by ttaralli » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:31 pm

I looked and couldn't find the Maschine controller file and I also thought this was a script. However I've done what 33tetragammon suggested and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas?

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

From the NI Controller Editor manual:

3. MASCHINE Controller 3.1

Ableton Live

3.1.1 Installation In order to use the MASCHINE Controller for controlling Ableton Live, you need to copy a folder from the “Template Support Files” folder into the application folder of Ableton Live.

??If you are using Ableton Live 7, copy the folder “/Ableton Live 7/Maschine Controller” to the Ableton Live application folder.

??If you are using Ableton Live 8, copy the folder “/Ableton Live 8/Maschine Controller” to the Ableton Live application folder.

Mac OS X: The target folder is located inside the Ableton Live application bundle. Right click on the “Live.app” file and choose “Show Package Contents”. Copy “~/Ableton Live/Maschine” folder to: Contents/App-Resources/MIDI Remote Scripts

... You have to copy this file every time you install a new version of Live, it's a bit of a pain with all those Betas flying around.

ttaralli

Post by ttaralli » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:28 am

I've done that for the love template and it works great, but I'm trying to get the Mackie Control to work as the controls are completely different. Thank you for reply though

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:38 pm

Sorry, my bad... I wasn't listening properly. :)

You're both right, you just need to choose Mackie Control on the Surface, then the Maschine Controller option for In and Out.

You also need to make sure that Track is on for both Mackie Control (Machine Controller) Input & Output in the Midi Ports box underneath. Maybe that's the part that needs a once-over?

(Got it working fine here).