Uc-33e or BCF2000 or BCR2000?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ryo74

Uc-33e or BCF2000 or BCR2000?

Post by ryo74 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:20 pm

I'm contemplating now if i should get the Uc-33e or the BCF2000 or BCR2000? Anyone can help? Thanks! :?
15" PowerBook G4 FW800,1.67 Ghz,512,Live 4,Reason 2.5,ReCycle 2.1,FW410,Ozone.

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:51 pm

I have the UC-33e, and I'm going to get one of the Behringers as well... for sure... definately... you bet! I haven't decided on which one yet, though. I love the idea of cool flying faders, but on the other hand - I'd like more pots. More! MORE! MORE!

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:55 pm

You should get neither! This is where its at:

http://www.ucapps.de
I cant think of a sig

ryo74

Post by ryo74 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:59 pm

You mean,i should build my own? :?
15" PowerBook G4 FW800,1.67 Ghz,512,Live 4,Reason 2.5,ReCycle 2.1,FW410,Ozone.

peeddrroo

Post by peeddrroo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:49 am

i haven't tried the UC33e, but i'd say that the BCR2000 is better for Live, through the fact that it has endless rotary knobs: this way the unit can receive data feedback from Live. plus it's got LEDs, which means better display (especially if you play live in dark venues).
for the choice between BCR or BCF, it really depends on what you want to use it for: if you want to use the unit as a mixing desk, then the BCF is probably better. if you want to control effects, i'd go for the BCR: it's got much more knobs.

mattell

Post by mattell » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:36 am

Vercengetorex wrote:You should get neither! This is where its at:

http://www.ucapps.de
Yeah, because we enjoy tweaking circuits just as much as we do tweaking knobs.
/sarcasm

Vercengetorex

Post by Vercengetorex » Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:07 am

What is the difference mattell?
I cant think of a sig

tribalogical

Post by tribalogical » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:03 am

A friend of mine just bought the BCF-2000, and promptly sold his UC33e..... He's planning to pick up a BCR-2000 as well...

Somewhat telling? :)

I picked up a BCF as well, cos I wanted the faders (they're a bit noisy though, fair warning!). It has 8 endless rotaries too, with push buttons, all assignable, into four groups per preset. So you get an effective 32 knobs, roughly 80 buttons (20 x 4-groups, not counting rotary buttons), and 32 faders (8 x 4-groups) per preset....

I'm still not fully up to speed with it -- I'm still setting up my "load and go" template sets in Live for composing, etc. with all the "midi learn" assignments in place -- but it works beautifully so far.....

The Mac OSX drivers -- at least for the BCF -- are still a tad incomplete, and not behaving 100% as expected yet with Live. This is partly due to the way Live handles the midi comms, but a fix is in progress, I've heard.... it's very useable as is, however......

The BCR seems to be the most popular of the two... you should only buy the BCF if you *really* need motorized faders for mixing. Otherwise, you'll probably be happier with the BCR. You can still set up a row of the rotaries to control the mixer, it just won't "fly" like the faders do......

In the end, it depends on what you need and how you work... hope this info helps some?

peace,
tribalogical

Lo-Fi Massahkah

Post by Lo-Fi Massahkah » Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:57 am

I thought that the four variation/group/preset buttons only applied to the row of encoders at the top. I just got this impresion from looking at the layout, though. If they apply to all the controllers I'm just about amazed!

olafmol

Post by olafmol » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:54 am

the behringers seem to be very nice, but the big negative aspect of them is the fact that they are so *BIG* !!! if i want to take them with me in a backpack or laptopbag, it's going to be a problem..also for live setups where there is not to much space... the evolution looks more suited for smaller spaces isn't it?

bod

Post by bod » Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:52 pm

simple, pull one of the decks out and chuck em into the crowd.... loads of room to set up in then. :roll: :wink:

i'm about to buy a BCR2000, looks perfect for what i want, but does any one use it with live 3.0.4? i've not upgraded since i dont require midi squencing or midi clips. any ideas if there are any known problems with live 3 and the bcr??

cheers,

bod.

enzymex

Post by enzymex » Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:04 pm

[quote="Lo-Fi Massahkah"]I thought that the four variation/group/preset buttons only applied to the row of encoders at the top. I just got this impresion from looking at the layout, though. If they apply to all the controllers I'm just about amazed![/quote]

I just bought the BCR2000 - confirming that the four variation buttons "only" impact the top row (64 params for the top row between the push and turn functions). The rest of the assignable knobs and buttons are dedicated to one parameter.

FYI, if you apply Behringers 1.07 sysex update for the BCF2000 (fader version) and use it for Mackie Emulation, etc., then this rule goes out the window - the faders become multi-purpose and some of the buttons on the right take on new functions. However, nothing is user programmable at that point. Complete info is available in .pdf form on the web site.

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:12 am

It would have been fantastic if these units allowed paged switching of ALL the buttons at the top of the controller ... it certainly would increase its versatility especially with Live.

Surely this could be addressed in a future Firmware BCF update ?
(but most likely implement this will make templates designed with older firmware rev's incompatible).

Behringer seem to be forthcoming with improvements to the machine. The new controller emulation modes are a welcome addition to 1.06 .... great to see !

Cheers

jASeFOs
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS

tribalogical

Post by tribalogical » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:25 am

ooh, sorry for any mis-info... as I said, I'm not completely up to speed with mine yet.

I'll double check to verify whether or not you get extra fader groups on the BCF when you switch group buttons... I thought you did.....

I don't have a BCR (yet? :)) so can't speak to its functions.....

and YEAH, they are a bit on the large (and somewhat heavy) side.... one needs a good padded tote bag to go with...

peace,
tribalogical

jasefos

Post by jasefos » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:29 pm

tribalogical wrote: I'll double check to verify whether or not you get extra fader groups on the BCF when you switch group buttons... I thought you did.....
The BCF/BCR Encoder Group Select buttons do not provide additional pages of faders – only Encoders.

The Encoder Group Select buttons effect only the top row of Encoders (which function as both separate endless encoders and push buttons so in effect you get four “pages” of Encoders and Push Buttons in a single Preset).

This makes sense when you examine the panel line artwork printed on the front face of the unit. The Encoder group select buttons have a box outline drawn around them with a line joining this box to the Encoders along the top row.
JaseFOS

-Live10.1 |Push2|Maschinemk2|KeyLab61|LaunchPad|MCUpro|MCExt|MCExt|iPad2|TouchABLE2
-Mac Pro 5.1 (dual hex core Xeon 3.46gHz, 28Gb RAM) running MacOS 10.13.6
-Universal Audio Apollo Quad (firewire)
-SHITLOADS OF HARDWARE SYNTHS