So. Um. Should I be looking at Logic/Mainstage? Pop! lol

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
beats me

Re: So. Um. Should I be looking at Logic/Mainstage? Pop! lol

Post by beats me » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:53 pm

I think after a few more months of Live's instability issues the Logic development team needs to send Ableton a sincere thank you letter for all the new business they are getting and then maybe like Bill Gates did a few years back for Apple, Apple can invest some money in Ableton.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:02 pm

beats me wrote:I think after a few more months of Live's instability issues the Logic development team needs to send Ableton a sincere thank you letter for all the new business they are getting and then maybe like Bill Gates did a few years back for Apple, Apple can invest some money in Ableton.
lol. 8O

It's only funny cause it's true.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Re: So. Um. Should I be looking at Logic/Mainstage?

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm

mikemc wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote: I've tested with both my mouse, Akai LP keyboard, FCB1010, LP, etc. Doesn't make a difference. Audio track weirdness, hehe.
What is your sample rate? [edit] also have you tried minimizing the interface?

-- sorry more edit --

Here is what I did: set up everything without audio running, because pops and clicks using the mouse to drop things in etc. Set up midi in routing for the controller I wanted to use to play notes, and then assigning controllers to turn various things up and down.

Then, minimized the interface. If you do this while audio is running, there is a lot of noise, but then it 'settles' and everything is fine, it just goes and goes clear as a bell. Not ideal at all, but there you have it.
I minimized the interface. No change. I'm running at 254. Lowering or raising the sample rate has no effect.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

mikemc

Re: So. Um. Should I be looking at Logic/Mainstage?

Post by mikemc » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:02 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
mikemc wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote: I've tested with both my mouse, Akai LP keyboard, FCB1010, LP, etc. Doesn't make a difference. Audio track weirdness, hehe.
What is your sample rate? [edit] also have you tried minimizing the interface?

-- sorry more edit --

Here is what I did: set up everything without audio running, because pops and clicks using the mouse to drop things in etc. Set up midi in routing for the controller I wanted to use to play notes, and then assigning controllers to turn various things up and down.

Then, minimized the interface. If you do this while audio is running, there is a lot of noise, but then it 'settles' and everything is fine, it just goes and goes clear as a bell. Not ideal at all, but there you have it.
I minimized the interface. No change. I'm running at 254. Lowering or raising the sample rate has no effect.

254? i think you mean 256, but sorry it didn't help the problem.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:46 pm

what do people make of Sonar? that's the only other DAW I have a license for, albeit it's 6 years out of date.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz