Live! player for a band in NY -Can you?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Gal

Live! player for a band in NY -Can you?

Post by Gal » Thu Sep 19, 2002 5:05 pm

Hey all,

I have been working with a band in NY, playing Live on a laptop.
The band includes a drummer, bass, e-gtr and a great fem vocalist.
I usualy spin all kinds of loops and sounds and also looped recordings of the band.
The bands first goal is to perform in clubs, here in the NY area, and this is not far from reality.
Due to my other Live performances and work, I can not find the time needed to progress with the band.
We are all in a very good relationship and I am trying to find someone to take over my place.
The band members are all open minded and there is a great place for any kind of artistic input.
If you are interested, post reply here with your email address and I will contact you for more info.
Thank you.
:lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:09 am

hi, what kind of music do you yourself make?

d&b
glitch
hiphop
trance
rock
etc... and is there a site where you've uploaded any that i could here.

peace

Gal

What music

Post by Gal » Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:35 pm

Hey,

I use Live mostly for DJ sets, with allot of my own sounds and loops.
I have been DJing for over 10 years and released some tracks and an
album.
I play mostly house oriented sounds, But flow and mix all kinds of stuff.
My sounds are not on the web, but I will keep you updated here on my performances in NY, I had one or two every week for the last month.

Regards to you all. :mrgreen:

Post by Guest » Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:31 pm

i would like to check it out, unfortunately i'm living in los angeles where as usual nothing is going on but hype. outside of sanfrancisco its very hard to find laptop musicians.

N_Yeager

Post by N_Yeager » Sat Sep 21, 2002 2:12 pm

Hello,

I would be very interested. I live very close to NY and am willing to travel. I am getting an MP3 site together right now. No pics yet and new songs will be up very soon. Check it out and let me know I would love to give it a shot.

www.mp3.com/nathan_yeager

Swimsuitgames@yahoo.com

guy

Re: Live! player for a band in NY -Can you?

Post by guy » Sat Sep 21, 2002 7:55 pm

hey "gal",

I'm interested in using Live with a band and I live in Brooklyn. I've been working with the program for a while and I have a huge library of sounds. Email me at: mattmoldy@hotmail.com

Later
Gal wrote:Hey all,

I have been working with a band in NY, playing Live on a laptop.
If you are interested, post reply here with your email address and I will contact you for more info.
Thank you.
:lol:

tjwett

Re: Live! player for a band in NY -Can you?

Post by tjwett » Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:30 pm

guy wrote:hey "gal",

I'm interested in using Live with a band and I live in Brooklyn. I've been working with the program for a while and I have a huge library of sounds.
hey i'm in Brklyn as well, Williamsburg/Greenpoint. if you're ever looking to jam with anyone let me know.

jnchrls

Post by jnchrls » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:54 pm

This sounds fun. I like mixing Live with instruments and vocals. I play guitar/bass (and LIVE) and have too many influences to list....How would you describe your sound?

I'm in Manhatten my email is jnchrls@earthlink.net