best ableton tutorials??

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
felipescalador12
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:46 am

best ableton tutorials??

Post by felipescalador12 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:57 am

hi i am 17.. and I want to make electronic music.. I want to being able to produce songs, make song with samples like "the prodigy" and dj with live...

I am actually learning music theory & piano/keyboard.. The problem is in my country this kind of stuff is almost unkown.. cant find a single person that can teach me.. so I have search the web I find lots and lots of pay tutorial but I dont know wich ones are the best?? As I say I want to be able to produce songs, make song with samples like "the prodigy" and dj with live... Which site can teach me to this best??

thanks in advance

3dot...
Posts: 9996
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:10 pm

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by 3dot... » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:04 am

hi dude.. welcome..

this site links to many many tutorials :
http://www.audiotutorialvideos.com/

this site has good written tutorials as well :
http://audio.tutsplus.com

the 'covert operators' have very good stuff :
http://www.thecovertoperators.org/

besides that.. the manual .. and this forum...
you're set..

good luck !
Image

theque
Posts: 614
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 11:47 am
Location: adelaide
Contact:

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by theque » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:29 am

http://www.cosm.co.nz/

heaps of good stuff from tom

HiEnergy
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:34 pm
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by HiEnergy » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:59 am

theque wrote:http://www.cosm.co.nz/

heaps of good stuff from tom
+1

Grappadura
Posts: 2105
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:57 pm

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by Grappadura » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:12 am

where u from felipe? I´d say the best tutorials are all those that teach you stuff you didn´t know before hehe. there are a couple on this website too, and if you search on youtube you´ll find many

buzby
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:16 pm
Location: Reykjavik

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by buzby » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:31 pm

http://www.youtube.com/thesoundtutor

this guy does nt just do ableton tutorials - but all of his stuff is very clear and thorough


also http://nickstutorials.com/

bjorn vayner of the covert operators http://vimeo.com/user375586/videos/page:3/sort:newest
https://www.facebook.com/abletonideas
https://www.youtube.com/c/abletonideas
https://hiddensound1.bandcamp.com/
macbookpro (2.6ghz, 8gb, 10.13.3) suite 10.0.1, izotope rx adv., apogee duet, sound devices 633, senn mkh 30, 8060, 8050, sony pcm d100

düSlair
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by düSlair » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Hey there, i am a beginner too and these are some Videos that helped me getting to know the programm:

Dj Bravetti YT-channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/djbravetti#p/u

Dj Bravetti on vimeo:

http://vimeo.com/5962875 (one of my favorite Videotutorials!!)

Also a great YT-channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LoudonYukon


Next Step Audio by Trifonic:

http://www.youtube.com/user/nextstepaudio

Enjoy!

starving student
Posts: 7123
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:13 pm
Location: right here

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by starving student » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:37 am

felipescalador12 wrote:hi i am 17.. and I want to make electronic music.. I want to being able to produce songs, make song with samples like "the prodigy" and dj with live...

I am actually learning music theory & piano/keyboard.. The problem is in my country this kind of stuff is almost unkown.. cant find a single person that can teach me.. so I have search the web I find lots and lots of pay tutorial but I dont know wich ones are the best?? As I say I want to be able to produce songs, make song with samples like "the prodigy" and dj with live... Which site can teach me to this best??

thanks in advance
Don't push me kid, if you don't get these tutorials right now you won't even make
it to 18, you got that?!!!!!

http://nickstutorials.com/

smaucher
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:12 pm
Location: s/w Germany
Contact:

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by smaucher » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:09 am

felipescalador12 wrote:The problem is in my country this kind of stuff is almost unkown..
I don't know in which country you actually live in, but Amazon should be 'round the corner, anyway.

This book is really good:
http://www.amazon.com/Ableton-Live-Suit ... 998&sr=8-2
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

ScarKord
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:56 am
Location: Purley, UK
Contact:

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by ScarKord » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm finding Jon Margulies 365 live tips to be very useful, not to mention, easy to digest.

http://www.heatercore.net/livetipslist.html
ScarKord - Electronic music, remix and sound design
http://www.scarkord.com
http://www.reverbnation.com/scarkord

JHughson
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:03 pm

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by JHughson » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:45 pm

smaucher wrote:
felipescalador12 wrote:The problem is in my country this kind of stuff is almost unkown..
I don't know in which country you actually live in, but Amazon should be 'round the corner, anyway.

This book is really good:
http://www.amazon.com/Ableton-Live-Suit ... 998&sr=8-2
I have to agree, as someone very new to Live I really enjoyed and got a lot out of this book. In fact after having read it, I'm back to reading the manual and understanding that a lot more.

I'm interested in finding other books people like as well. I'd like to find something general on sound design and/or music theory. Suggestions? Ideas. Amazon lists a few.

Thanks in advance,

JR


alex.the.forge
Posts: 1424
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:29 am

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by alex.the.forge » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:58 pm

+1

http://www.groove3.com/str/ableton-live-training/

BTW... I always link to the whole Ableton page thereby giving you a plug too Tim ya big greedy ape :D

Oh and further to the original question, Sonic academy seem to focus on the "how to sound like...." while Tim and I like to give you the skills to be original! ;-)

But as for wanting to sound like the Prodigy... there is no better video on the interwebs than those by this guy: http://www.abletontrainer.com/core/?p=154

simonlb
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:48 pm

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by simonlb » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:13 am

Ableton Live Power is a good book, especially for beginners. Not sure if version 8 is out yet but I've got 7. I'd been using Live for a couple of years so some of it was a bit too basic for my liking but I still picked up on a few useful tips, and the basics seemed to be very well explained.

Nick the Zombie
Posts: 986
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:02 pm
Contact:

Re: best ableton tutorials??

Post by Nick the Zombie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:18 pm

starving student wrote:
felipescalador12 wrote:hi i am 17.. and I want to make electronic music.. I want to being able to produce songs, make song with samples like "the prodigy" and dj with live...

I am actually learning music theory & piano/keyboard.. The problem is in my country this kind of stuff is almost unkown.. cant find a single person that can teach me.. so I have search the web I find lots and lots of pay tutorial but I dont know wich ones are the best?? As I say I want to be able to produce songs, make song with samples like "the prodigy" and dj with live... Which site can teach me to this best??

thanks in advance
Don't push me kid, if you don't get these tutorials right now you won't even make
it to 18, you got that?!!!!!

http://nickstutorials.com/
+1 :wink:

Thanks for the plug starving student!

Post Reply